Windows 10: Files Explorer Crashes Upon Opening a Specific Folder

Discus and support Files Explorer Crashes Upon Opening a Specific Folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Files Explorer Windows Explorer crashes upon opening a specific folder.Q-Dir is able to open that folder.I did change Explorer to open that folder as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Compupix, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Compupix Win User

Files Explorer Crashes Upon Opening a Specific Folder

Files Explorer Windows Explorer crashes upon opening a specific folder.Q-Dir is able to open that folder.I did change Explorer to open that folder as documents instead of pictures. It didn't make any difference.Problem Details:SourceWindows ExplorerSummaryStopped workingDate‎8/‎16/‎2021 11:28 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: Explorer.EXEApplication Version: 10.0.19041.1151Application Timestamp: 2885d2b8Fault Module Name: StackHash_e7c2Fault Module Version: 10.0.19041.1110Fault Modu

:)

Compupix, Aug 16, 2021
  2. Denser_04 Win User

File explorer crashing on specific folders

Hello, thank you for replying, I tried what you suggested but my explorer keeps crashing on the same folders, I disabled all of my other extensions.

Denser_04, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Ahmed Meg Win User
    File Explorer crash when opening folder in new window

Hi

I have a problem with file explorer in windows 10

When i try to open a folder from the list at the left corner as example a folder from Quick access

When i click on it with right click and choose open in new window the file explorer crashes and restart again

Ahmed Meg, Aug 16, 2021
  4. Denser_04 Win User

File explorer crashing on specific folders

I'm having issues with the file explorer, I can open open folders such as downloads as long as it's clicking on them directly, this way I can access various folders that I have on my desktop BUT the file explorer doesn't respond as soon as I try to enter
    to basic folders like documents, computer, images and if I try to open the file explorer alone it appears to be loading but it crashes either way. Also, just yesterday I had a problem with a virus, I had to scan my computer and so far this was the only problem
    that was left after that scan. Help?

Denser_04, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Files Explorer Crashes Upon Opening a Specific Folder - Similar Threads - Files Explorer Crashes

2. Win10 - PhotoMetadataHandler.dll Faulting. File Explorer crashes when opening specific Folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 - PhotoMetadataHandler.dll Faulting. File Explorer crashes when opening specific Folder.: I have run into an issue with one of our computers at work. File Explorer is crashing every time I try to open a specific folder where the machine locally stores photos. When I open the folder, the images inside start loading, then it hangs for a few seconds and crashes File...
  3. Win10 - PhotoMetadataHandler.dll Faulting. File Explorer crashes when opening specific Folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 - PhotoMetadataHandler.dll Faulting. File Explorer crashes when opening specific Folder.: I have run into an issue with one of our computers at work. File Explorer is crashing every time I try to open a specific folder where the machine locally stores photos. When I open the folder, the images inside start loading, then it hangs for a few seconds and crashes File...
  4. Win10 - PhotoMetadataHandler.dll Faulting. File Explorer crashes when opening specific Folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. File Explorer crashes upon opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes upon opening.: I just opened my pc today and it started crashing upon opening file explorer. I haven’t modified or installed anything new the day before. I am a bit confused as to why it’s doing this. I’ve tried rebooting and a system file scan and currently on the latest windows version. I...
  6. File Explorer crashes upon opening.

File Explorer crashes upon opening.: I just opened my pc today and it started crashing upon opening file explorer. I haven’t modified or installed anything new the day before. I am a bit confused as to why it’s doing this. I’ve tried rebooting and a system file scan and currently on the latest windows version. I...
  7. Windows 11 File Explorer crashing specifically when opening the Home Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer crashing specifically when opening the Home Folder: As the title said, my file explorer crashes when I open it's home folder, from my testing no other folders cause this issue. I changed my default file explorer page to My PC instead of Home to still be open to use the default File Explorer shortcut but I would like to be able...
  8. Windows 11 File Explorer crashing specifically when opening the Home Folder

Windows 11 File Explorer crashing specifically when opening the Home Folder: As the title said, my file explorer crashes when I open it's home folder, from my testing no other folders cause this issue. I changed my default file explorer page to My PC instead of Home to still be open to use the default File Explorer shortcut but I would like to be able...
  9. Windows Explorer Crashes when Opening files within one specific folder

Windows Explorer Crashes when Opening files within one specific folder: I have a folder for one of my classes, and every file within it not only fails to be opened, but the entire program stops responding altogether. It prevents me from uploading my completed assignments, and while I can open files from within Microsoft Word and such, I am...
  10. Certain folder in File Explorer keeps refreshing upon opening

Certain folder in File Explorer keeps refreshing upon opening: I have a particular folder in my PC that I open frequently, which contains 20GB of large-sized DSLR photographs. Every time I open the folder, the photos are sorted to a default arrangement before taking a few seconds to refresh and revert back to the sorting arrangement I...