Windows 10: Files & Folder disappeared in Windows 10

Discus and support Files & Folder disappeared in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I installed SSD in my Laptop as 2nd drive. On the 1st HDD drive I already have Win 7 running. I installed Win 10 on SSD. I was booting either from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RajeshSharma8, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Files & Folder disappeared in Windows 10

I installed SSD in my Laptop as 2nd drive. On the 1st HDD drive I already have Win 7 running. I installed Win 10 on SSD. I was booting either from HDD/SDD by changing the boot priority in BIOS. Later i wanted to install Lotus notes 9 on my Win 10 SSD & to have the same settings & server IP address & other files to be copied from my old Lotus notes on Win 7 (HDD). While from Win 7 Boot on HDD, I created a word file took some screen shot of Lotus setting & copied all relevant old files of Lotus into a folder created on SSD drive. Than I booted from Win 10 to install Lotus & whoosh a ghost appeared & vanished the Folder & files inside it that I created for Lotus backup. I searched the complete SSD & not trace of that folder found. Than I booted from HDD (Win 7) & again searched SSD drive. No where the folder was found. Also another started happening was any time i boot from Win 7 HDD it always start Chkdsk which i was skipping. I though this erroneous operation of Chkdsk might have vanished the folder. This time in Win 7 i again created the folder but kept it on HDD drive. Than booted from Win 10 (SSD) ....again the vanishing act happened. When I booted from Win 7 to check the folder ..it was gone. As if God?Ghost doesn't want me to install Lotus Notes on Win 10 with old Lotus notes files on Win 7.... What is this happening??

:)

RajeshSharma8, Jul 23, 2019
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Files & Folder disappeared in Windows 10 upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Frogger Win User

Files & Folder disappeared in Windows 10

?? How do I PW protect Folders in windows

hmmm?
    Sharing files and folders overview You can share the files and folders stored on your computer, on a network, and on the Web. The method you choose depends on whom you want to share files with, and what computer they will use to access the files.

When you share files or folders, they are not as protected as they are when you do not share them. People with access to your computer or your network might be able to read, copy, or change files that are in a shared folder. You should always be aware that the files and folders that you share are available to other people and be sure to monitor your shared files and folders on a regular basis.

Important

If your computer is not joined to a domain, you can use the Network Setup Wizard to automatically turn file and printer sharing on or off. To start the Network Setup Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Setup Wizard.
    If you both use the same computer

You can put the files you want to share in the Shared Documents folder. Files stored in the Shared Documents folder or its subfolders are always available to other users on your computer.

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, the Shared Documents, Shared Pictures, and Shared Music folders are not available.
    If both computers are on the same network

You can share a folder or drive on your computer with others on the network. You can also control whether the files in the shared folder can be modified by other users.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    Note

If you are connected to a network domain, you will need to set the Access control for the folder or drive after sharing it. For more information, go to To set, view, change, or remove file and folder permissions.
    If you want to share your files online

You can publish pictures and documents on the Web using the Web Publishing Wizard. The files will be stored in a private, online folder that you manage.

Step-by-step procedure

If you don't want others to access your files

You can prevent other users from accessing your folders and the files they contain. When your computer is connected to a domain, this is called setting permissions for your file or folder. When your computer is connected to a workgroup, this is called making your folders private.

If your computer is connected to a network domain, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure
    If your computer is connected to a workgroup, use this procedure:

Step-by-step procedure

'HELP' it can be your friend *Smile Files & Folder disappeared in Windows 10 :)

Frogger, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Files & Folder disappeared in Windows 10

1. Files & Folder disappeared in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Files Folder disappeared

2. Desktop files and folders disappeared?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop files and folders disappeared?: today i opened my laptop that has windows 11 and all files from desktop were disappeared, and also a update happened just before that and ive tried every guide to recover but i couldnt, does anyone know how can i get my files back?...
  3. Desktop files and folders disappeared?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop files and folders disappeared?: today i opened my laptop that has windows 11 and all files from desktop were disappeared, and also a update happened just before that and ive tried every guide to recover but i couldnt, does anyone know how can i get my files back?...
  4. Files and folders suddenly disappeared in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Files and folders suddenly disappeared in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]It’s uncommon, but if you cannot find your files and folders on your Windows 11/10 PC, you should be worried. Usually, it happens because you may have moved to another folder and deleted it. But if that’s not the case, it could be because of malware in the folder, and...
  5. Disappearing folders Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disappearing folders Windows 10: My work folders have disappeared on windows 10 on my Toshiba Laptop. I have looked in all my other files to see if I accidentally misplaced them there is actually one huge folder that is missing. I looked in the trash. Also, most of my Icons on the desktop have disappeared,...
  6. Files and folders keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files and folders keep disappearing: At online school, we have a lot to keep track of, and a lot of materials, I keep them in one folder then back them up through pCloud. Then after a while there is nothing there. Several folders get deleted or missing and in a few weeks, the entire folder, gone. Is this a known...
  7. Images files disappearing from folder on Windows 10

Images files disappearing from folder on Windows 10: Hello, Every once in a while, I take all the photos and videos off my phone usually 165 files in total and stick them in a "MyPhone" folder. I've been doing this for around 4 years now. But what I've noticed is that all my photos older than November, 2017 are all gone. I do...
  8. Files in Download folder are disappeared

Files in Download folder are disappeared: I was still working with some files in the download folder on yesterday (06/01) but today after turn on my computer, all files in the download folder are gone. Is there anyway to fix this. My latest windows update is "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" on 1/1/2019...
  9. Folders and Files Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Folders and Files Disappeared: I have a couple of folders containing files I have not looked at in over a year. When I went to look at them, I cannot find them ?? Does Windows 10 automatically archive older unused files or folders ?? Thanks, rs 30521
  10. Windows 10 All Files in Documents Folder Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 All Files in Documents Folder Disappeared: Hi, I have used Windows 8 for a while and I recently updated it to Windows 10. After installing Windows 10, I downloaded a lot of files as well as played a lot of games without logging in to my Microsoft account. I only recently logged into my Microsoft account and after I...