Windows 10: Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application

Discus and support Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed my windows 11 with Shadow Defender. I wish to be able to be able to keep my Windows Core file intact, but able to enable Apps download from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anandika Nevada, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application

I installed my windows 11 with Shadow Defender. I wish to be able to be able to keep my Windows Core file intact, but able to enable Apps download from Microsoft Store to be updated as needed and activities in the application saved, while in Shadow mode.Deep Shadow have the same function as Faronic's Deep Freeze, but enable certain files, folder or registry entries to be excluded from shadow mode, thus enable user to keep the changes.My question is:Which file, folder or registry entries should I exclude from shadow mode to enable this?Note:The last time when I exclude C:\Program Files\WindowsA

:)

Anandika Nevada, Jun 23, 2022
  2. martixy Win User

Exclude backups (Volume Shadow Copy) from Windows Defender

Recently I setup a backup for some folders. Today I found out that windows defender won't let the backup service do its job.

But how do I exclude the backup's shadow copy from windows defender?

It's not like I can point it to a file or folder and say "Don't check here".

Heck I tried excluding the entire backup drive, with no success.

And if I exclude .exes I might as well disable defender entirely.

martixy, Jun 23, 2022
  3. kokakola Win User
    Windows Defender won't list Excluded files, File Locations, etc..etc

Hi all,

I have selected certain file types / folders and locations in Windows Defender on Windows 10 that were added to the exclusions lists...

Previously I could go to Windows Defender and see what files, folders or extensions I had excluded but now they have disappeared....

All I see is the add buttons which work as intended when I want to add a folder etc etc....
    But then they are not listed anywhere so that I can remember what I have excluded or not....

Can some one please help me so that they are visible again, is there a setting in the registry that needs to be fixed?

This is what I should see where, below the red arrows I should see the excluded files/folders including their path etc etc [see image below]

Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application [​IMG]

but I see nothing..

Yet if i go to the registry as indicated below...

File and file location exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Paths

File type exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Extensions

Processes exclusions are stored in the registry key below.

*Arrow HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Exclusions\Processes

they are all listed there....?

I have to say that windows defender is excluding folders/files and etc etc, that I have selected during its scans, but I cant see the excluded items in the Windows Defender as per image of my Exclusions section below...

Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application [​IMG]

Thanking you in advance for your support and assistance on this issue....

Cheers

kokakola, Jun 23, 2022
  4. dalchina Win User

Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application

Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates

Hi, have you compared the reg file in that tutorial?

If you have found that group policy and the reg file do different things, I suggest you comment under the tutorial, with reference to this thread.

dalchina, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application

1. Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application - Similar Threads - Files Folder Registry

2. Exclude folders from Shadow Copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exclude folders from Shadow Copy: Hi,Is there any possible way to exclude certain folders from Shadow Copy? Like OneDrive folder?Certain folders, such as OneDrive is not necessary to include and take up file size in Shadow Copy, if we are able to exclude this we would be able to go further back in time within...
  3. Exclude folders from Shadow Copy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclude folders from Shadow Copy: Hi,Is there any possible way to exclude certain folders from Shadow Copy? Like OneDrive folder?Certain folders, such as OneDrive is not necessary to include and take up file size in Shadow Copy, if we are able to exclude this we would be able to go further back in time within...
  4. Exclude folders from Shadow Copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files, Folder or Registry Entry to be exclude form Shadow Defender for UWP Application: I installed my windows 11 with Shadow Defender. I wish to be able to be able to keep my Windows Core file intact, but able to enable Apps download from Microsoft Store to be updated as needed and activities in the application saved, while in Shadow mode.Deep Shadow have the...
  6. Which File I have to exclude in my Shadow Defender ? or What registry/folders do I need to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Which File I have to exclude in my Shadow Defender ? or What registry/folders do I need to...: Which File I have to exclude in my Shadow Defender ? or What registry/folders do I need to also exclude? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-file-i-have-to-exclude-in-my-shadow-defender/8e67ee67-733e-4c1f-a3e7-ac39dee191ba
  7. Which File I have to exclude in my Shadow Defender ? or What registry/folders do I need to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Which File I have to exclude in my Shadow Defender ? or What registry/folders do I need to...: Which File I have to exclude in my Shadow Defender ? or What registry/folders do I need to also exclude? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-file-i-have-to-exclude-in-my-shadow-defender/50b56d09-cc0e-48de-a9f6-bb667fd76ddb
  8. Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Two registry entries for excluding drivers in updates: I have set my group policy to exclude drivers in Windows updates. This adds the value ExcludeWUDriversinQualityUpdates to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate. Whilst I was looking at setting something else I also discovered the same value in...
  9. Windows Defender not adding excluded files and folders.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender not adding excluded files and folders.: Hi, Today I tried to exclude files and folders in Windows Defender. Although I managed to select a file nothing was shown in the exclude window. I tried different files and folders on other drives but nothing was actually selected by Defender. Is this a bug? OS:...
  10. Exclude folder form Symbolic link ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Exclude folder form Symbolic link ?: Can I use Xcopy / Robocopy to create not only a symbolic link but exclude a folder from the symbolic link creation ? 80242