Windows 10: Files, Folders, Documents, Photos and Text documents became shortcuts

Discus and support Files, Folders, Documents, Photos and Text documents became shortcuts in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer got a virus a long time ago around september of 2020 and my computer got rebooted and i had a folder that contained almost everything that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chris Moris, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Files, Folders, Documents, Photos and Text documents became shortcuts

My computer got a virus a long time ago around september of 2020 and my computer got rebooted and i had a folder that contained almost everything that was important for me photos, documents, text documents, etc and after i got updated windows, and accidentally deleted one boot in the system configuration, and after that, that important folder had disappeared when i updated the windows.

I tried to find a solution for that, and around 2-3 months later i got to find out that my files became shortcuts, and need to find a path. I cant find the path of the original files, because i don't know where they are, and those files are not deleted.

Later, at Users/user/AppData/Microsoft/Windows/Recent path i've found that the files that disappeared, are in that folder, but can't be opened still.

I opened many websites, watched many videos about that, i tried to search every possibility, but many solutions didn't help me.

:)

Chris Moris, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Dia01 Win User

My Documents Files - Deleted?

Thanks for the reply though my drive letter is actually F:\ and does not show a Data folder. When I click on the shortcut it takes me straight to my (administrators name)/Documents, so the link is correct. Not sure what happened.

Dia01, Feb 21, 2021
  3. IggSter Win User
    My Documents Files - Deleted?

I have a PC where I have moved My Docs away from my C: to my E: so i can perhaps suggest a few things to check.

1. The documents and settings folder will still be present on your C: (although unused)
    2. My Documents on my E: is shown as E:\Data (do you have a similar directory)
    3. Is your missing data in this \Data folder if it exists?
    4. If you click the My Documents shortcut does it take you to the default C:\doc and settings\blah blah, or does it take you to the \Data folder?

Ive had a similar issue with an application resetting the My Docs path back to its orig location and in essence orphaning the My Docs on my E:

IggSter, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Files, Folders, Documents, Photos and Text documents became shortcuts

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

Is it ok to delete all the files/documents in temporary folder(Temp)?

or do i need it?

computer45, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Files, Folders, Documents, Photos and Text documents became shortcuts

1. Files, Folders, Documents, Photos and Text documents became shortcuts - Similar Threads - Files Folders Documents

2. cant create folders text document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant create folders text document: hello one thing is gone. i can't create a folder for anything else like before. drop photosi am adding another photo what i am missing is outlined. i tried to create a new user the same problem remainsmy windows is updated to the latest version...
  3. Can't make a text document in a folder.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't make a text document in a folder.: My account has admin also. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-make-a-text-document-in-a-folder/6d6ba063-5066-45bc-9232-ff0acb422d47
  4. text documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    text documents: I can't open any text documents. when i double click nothing happens and I don't get an error message I looked at multiple places on google but couldn't find the solution please help me ASAP....
  5. My Downloads and Documents folders became fused

in Windows 10 Support
    My Downloads and Documents folders became fused: Hi! I have a weird issue. My Downloads and Documents folders became fused somehow. I don't just mean they point to the same folder, which was my intention. And before I did without issue. But both show up as "documents", which is really annoying, especially since the actual...
  6. picture folder became a copy of document folder

picture folder became a copy of document folder: Hello, This is just a follow up post regarding a closed 5 year old thread that seems to have gone unsolved. A strange windows bug that makes one of your default windows libraries in my case pictures turn into a duplicate of another directory. When you try to reset this...
  7. My photos folder became a copy of document folder

My photos folder became a copy of document folder: Im having problem exactly like in this post but unfortunatly the answer does not solve my problem. Another clue is that under users/myname/ there is no picture folder anymore The picture folder pointing to the document folder under users/myname/documents but moving the...
  8. Managing the ‘Shortcuts’ to my Folders and Documents in File Explorer

Managing the ‘Shortcuts’ to my Folders and Documents in File Explorer: I have literally hundreds of Folders, Sub-Folders, Sub-sub-Folders etc. and literally thousands of Files Documents in my Windows File Explorer. Very often I need to have the same document in more than one Folder or Sub-Folder. So what I do is create ‘Shortcuts’ of the File...
  9. Shortcut to a DOCUMENT in Shared File

Shortcut to a DOCUMENT in Shared File: Is there a way to create a shortcut to a particular file in a shared file and not just a short cut to the whole shared filed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-to-a-document-in-shared-file/fe47d47f-9059-41b8-b9e0-851a01e751d8"
  10. Shortcut to Documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to Documents: If I create a shortcut to my documents folder, or pin it to Quick Access or Start Menu, then the shortcut will take me to my Documents library, which is not what I want. (The annoyance comes from the fact that once there if I then decide to go somewhere that isn't in the...