Windows 10: Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin

Discus and support Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft,Hope you are well!I am having trouble in my HP system. Long story short, about 6-7 months ago, my system got updated from Windows 10 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fatima_1997, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin

Dear Microsoft,Hope you are well!I am having trouble in my HP system. Long story short, about 6-7 months ago, my system got updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since I have updated to Windows 11, my system started to work a little slow, to obvious reasons that all the apps and browsers were updated for Windows 10. But somehow that problem got fixed. I got used to it. I recently had purchased McAfee Protection Pro anti virus for my system, as I thought there might be some virus in my system to which it is working little slow. I have taken the subscription and since then, most of my important

:)

Fatima_1997, Jun 14, 2022

2. Can't move a file to another folder or delete it from the recycle bin

Hi,

You can empty the Recycle Bin by following the steps provided in this
    article
    . Regarding your art kit files that can't be moved, we would like to gather more information:

• By saying "unable" are you getting an error message? If yes, can you send us a screenshot?
    • In which folder were you supposed to save the file? And in which folder was the file saved?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jun 14, 2022
  3. Winndows 10 delete multiple files or folders do not show in recycle bin

Hi R-A-M-A-I-R,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Where is the folder located? Is it on your primary hard drive where the Windows 10 is installed/ secondary hard drive/ external hard drives like flash drive etc.?(which you have deleted accidentally)

• Since when you are facing this issue?

• Have you enabled the option “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted” under the Recycle Bin properties?
    Until you will get back to us, you may follow the below suggestions and check if it helps.

This happens when you permanently delete a file from your computer without sending it to the Recycle Bin by clicking the file and then pressing
    Shift + Delete keys on the keyboard.

Try the steps and check whether this issue is happening with all folders in computer or particular folders to isolate the issue.

• Open the Desktop, right click on the empty area and click on
      New and then click on Folder.

• Now, new folder might have been created on your desktop.

• Right click on your New folder (which you have created) and click on
      Delete.

• Now, open the Recycle bin and check if you are able to see the folder which you have deleted.
    You may disable the steps if you have enabled the option “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted” in Recycle bin folder.

• Open the Desktop, locate the Recycle bin, right click on it and select
      Properties.

• Select the drive on which you are facing this issue (like C:\ or D:\ or F:\ etc.)

• Click on Custom size option instead of “Don’t move files to Recycle Bin. Remove files immediately when deleted

• Check the box Display delete confirmation dialog.

• Click on Apply and OK buttons.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 14, 2022
  4. Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin

Is there a way to move recycle bin from desktop to a folder?

Not to a folder, AFAIK. But, how about this. Right click on the Desktop | View and uncheck Show Desktop Icons. Then open File Explorer and right click on the Recycle Bin at the bottom of the list and Pin To Start. Does that work for
    you?

Bruce Hagen, Jun 14, 2022
Thema:

Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin

1. Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin - Similar Threads - Files Folders moving

2. XML files, dll file, desktop. file in the recycle bin and the recycle bin is now corrupt....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XML files, dll file, desktop. file in the recycle bin and the recycle bin is now corrupt....: A warning message flashed today and it said the recycle bin is corrupted. I tried to delete the files and reset the recycle bin, but some sort of XML files, a dll file and desktop. file was included and I don't know how to restore this. Any help?...
  3. Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files & Folders moving from Desktop to Recycle Bin: Dear Microsoft,Hope you are well!I am having trouble in my HP system. Long story short, about 6-7 months ago, my system got updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Since I have updated to Windows 11, my system started to work a little slow, to obvious reasons that all the apps...
  4. Restoring a file folder from the recycling bin twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring a file folder from the recycling bin twice: I had two file folders in the recycling bin with the same name. One had 1.5 GB of files, the other had 3.5 GB of files. I restored them both from the recycling bin, but now I only see the one with 1.5 GB. I believe they were both in the same location. How can I access the...
  5. Deleted files on a nas moving to a recycle bin folder

Deleted files on a nas moving to a recycle bin folder: the thing was wondering how you make it so that when you delete a file on a nas it moves it to the recycle bin instead of deleting it permanently. My nas drive letter is Z: in case it matters or if it will help. I am running windows 10 20h2. Would I need to stage a recycle...
  6. Files spontaneously moved to Recycle Bin in OneDrive

Files spontaneously moved to Recycle Bin in OneDrive: Hello I have some shared libraries from my work OneDrive account that are viewed on my local laptop. I was doing some standard file operations, in this case I created a new subfolder, and copied files into it. After doing so, I watched as files spontaneously disappeared....
  7. RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    RECYCLE BIN NOT ON DESKTOP: HOW DO I ADD RECYCLE BIN TO MY DESKTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-not-on-desktop/1bc67ee1-8862-48e4-b71a-e4c1de4a4640
  8. Files and Folders are moving to recycle bin on click

Files and Folders are moving to recycle bin on click: I am using windows 10 along with Lenovo Yoga , recently after update from windows got installed there is strange behaviour happening. Any file or folder i click it goes to Recycle Bin , Pop up appears saying file no longer exsist on this location . When i go to recycle...
  9. Recycle Bin on desktop

Recycle Bin on desktop: I can't access this folder on my desktop icon to see what is in it, please can you help me? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-on-desktop/22ccbdea-d6b5-4416-b4ee-4fb418c0652e"
  10. Can't move files into the Recycle Bin

Can't move files into the Recycle Bin: I have a new HP Envy laptop running the current Windows 10 SW. I have a pair of .PNG files and a PDF file on my desktop that I cannot "delete" or "move" into the Recycle Bin. I have administrator permissions. The Recycle Bin "properties" indicates there is over 118GB of...