Windows 10: Files from desktop automatically deleted, I don't know how to recover them. Read Below.

Discus and support Files from desktop automatically deleted, I don't know how to recover them. Read Below. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This morning I turned my PC on and the wallpaper was set to default and some of the files' shortcuts were missing. I searched for the files in start,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SarmaMasna, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Files from desktop automatically deleted, I don't know how to recover them. Read Below.

This morning I turned my PC on and the wallpaper was set to default and some of the files' shortcuts were missing. I searched for the files in start, found them, and remade shortcuts for them on desktop and my accounts were all signed out.In the meantime I shut the PC down and when I started it back up those same files were gone, but for good this time. They don't show up when I search in Start for them. They only show up in recent files, but even there it says 0KB under properties. When I click on them through Recent files it says the following:

Location is not available

C:\Users\Daniel\Desktop\Wallpapers is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or Internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted.

Someone please tell me what to do, I lost homework for my University and it would take me days to do them all over again. Thanks in advance.

submitted by /u/SarmaMasna
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SarmaMasna, Mar 1, 2021
  2. michael Win User

Need to know Best Recovery Software to recover shift+Deleted data

Hi Guys,

Good Day!

Yesterday I shift deleted some of the data from my desktop from my 256GB SSD.
    I need to recover them,

Please suggest my the best software to recover it.

Thanks.

michael, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Melvis Win User
    How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Mar 1, 2021
  4. MohanC Win User

Files from desktop automatically deleted, I don't know how to recover them. Read Below.

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Files from desktop automatically deleted, I don't know how to recover them. Read Below.

1. Files from desktop automatically deleted, I don't know how to recover them. Read Below. - Similar Threads - Files desktop automatically

2. I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.: My computer has been having issues for a while but they were ignorable calculator or photos app not working but recently the taskbar, search bar, settings and start button stopped working aswell as many other apps. So i did a window reset with keeping my personal files. It...
  3. I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.: My computer has been having issues for a while but they were ignorable calculator or photos app not working but recently the taskbar, search bar, settings and start button stopped working aswell as many other apps. So i did a window reset with keeping my personal files. It...
  4. I have a bunch of corrupted files and I don't know how to fix them.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Read Below

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Read Below: So I just got a prebuilt pc with windows 10, but I cannot change the background or "customize the pc". It says about activating but there is nothing in the bottom right corner that says activate windows like i thought there would be if it wasnt activated. Any help on this...
  6. Changing resolution recovers deleted files from desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing resolution recovers deleted files from desktop: Is it a known bug from 2004 update? Whenever I change my monitor's resolution or switch from a dual monitor setup to a single setup, Windows recovers files that have been recently deleted from me. It only happens with files on desktop. The files come empty and are unable to...
  7. Don't know how to get rid of folders - but keep the files in them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Don't know how to get rid of folders - but keep the files in them: I have a folder full of music but all the songs are sequestered in sometimes multiple folders, but I want them all to be in just the ONE folder. I tried just copying all the .mp3 files into a new folder, but they stayed in their little folders anyway. Can anyone tell me how...
  8. Recovering deleted Desktop files

Recovering deleted Desktop files: So i wanted to clear my desktop, so i moved all my desktop files onto my terabyte drive in a folder. After that I deleted every file permanently, thinking that i saved my files into my terabyte. The next day, i realize that all the files were copied as shortcuts to my...
  9. Deleted file thumbnails by mistake and don't know how to retrieve them

Deleted file thumbnails by mistake and don't know how to retrieve them: I had recently cleaned my computer and accidentally deleted my file thumbnails in the process. I use Windows 10. Is there a way to retrieve them or are they permanently lost? New file thumbnails are not showing either. I have previously tried de-selecting "Show icons but...
  10. I don't know how to read this

I don't know how to read this: I post this here so maybe someone can tell me why I can't connect to the internet on my dell 2710. Any help would be greatly appreciated. MiniToolBox by Farbar Version: 01-07-2015 Ran by jerry_000 (administrator) on 19-08-2015 at 20:02:20 Running from...