Windows 10: Files from E: Drive disappeared

Discus and support Files from E: Drive disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, On my E: Drive, I've sorted a fair amount of files. But today, when I went to open something from there, I see that all of the files have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nokocchi, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Nokocchi Win User

Files from E: Drive disappeared

Hi all,

On my E: Drive, I've sorted a fair amount of files. But today, when I went to open something from there, I see that all of the files have been replaced with a .tmp file called "DUMPxxxx." Is it possible to recover my files? How do I return my E: Drive to normal?

Thanks

:)

Nokocchi, Nov 10, 2020
  2. AM*
    Am* Win User

Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

3. RMDudak Win User
    F Drive disappeared when I closed a file from it

My F drive just disappeared and I cannot find it either on the My computer screen that shows the C drive and the cd-rom driven it was there about an hour ago, and when I closed a file from that drive, the screen closed that was open on that drive, when I
    went to reopen it, it was gone. I'm running WIndows 10, have tried to do the steps listed in an F drive disappeared thread and nothing worked. I have a Gateway computer that has been upgraded. The model is DX4300-15c. My F drive is a 1 TB SSHD. My C drive
    is a standard 2 TB HD. All of the files on the SSHD drive are recovered files, including .pdf, .gif, .jpg, .rtf, as well as different version word documents, many image files other than I listed.

I went through great pains to recover these files and now they appear to be lost once again.

RMDudak, Nov 10, 2020
  4. Files from E: Drive disappeared

Lost E:\Drive

I backup files on a SAN DISK. The location is on my E:\drive. The E drive has disappeared. How can I restore it

RichardChavannes, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Files from E: Drive disappeared

1. Files from E: Drive disappeared - Similar Threads - Files Drive disappeared

2. Files Stored in E drive are suddenly disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Stored in E drive are suddenly disappeared.: Hi Team,I have created a separate drive E. To store my personal details. But when I opened to see. The folders shows a empty space. Not data is shown. When scanned for virus its not showing. Display the drive is empty.Kindly help with the issue to restore my important data....
  3. SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SSD drives D: and E: disappearing after a Restart.: I have two 2T SSD drives that disappear only after a restart. I need to use the shut down option to make them reappear. I have checked the bios after the restart and the drives are not showing up in the bios. Once I do a shutdown and power the computer back up, both drives...
  4. Files from E: Drive replaced with DUMPxxxx.tmp file

Files from E: Drive replaced with DUMPxxxx.tmp file: It happened on the 30th of October, and I didn't realize until now because I do not use the E: Drive that often, but I had a lot of videos on there, and now they're all gone. Some information: It is the "New Volume E:" I am NOT using OneDrive. It is my hard drive. All...
  5. Moving files from c: drive (SSD) to e: drive (hdd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Moving files from c: drive (SSD) to e: drive (hdd): [ATTACH] So i have an ssd with 447gb and a hdd with 595gb as shown below: https://preview.redd.it/z58f5igsmgs51.png?width=895&format=png&auto=webp&s=d648dbd5c143f4dd5909c761054dadddde1397e7 I want to move some files into hdd to have more space. But I've heard that it...
  6. Data disappeared from E drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data disappeared from E drive: I wanted to resume my work and went to E drive only to find that all files except some were just gone.. I tried using the restore backup option but my File History shows it is turned off and I can't seem to find the data About 100 gb of data just disappeared and I have no...
  7. E Drive Suddenly Disappeared Along With All Data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    E Drive Suddenly Disappeared Along With All Data: I had just quit out of PUBG to go and play CS:GO when suddenly every game in my steam library had uninstalled themselves after the closing of PUBG. I thought that was strange and went to try to reinstall the games but it said I didn't have sufficient storage space. Then I...
  8. D and E drive keeps disappearing? any fixes?

D and E drive keeps disappearing? any fixes?: so this started about last night just finished dinner went back to my pc and noticed that a few windows and apps had closed, went into file explorer and noticed that D and E drive are missing, restarted my pc the drives returned but then they disappeared randomly. tried disk...
  9. Disk Drive (E:) disappeared

Disk Drive (E:) disappeared: So when my 900 gigabyte disk (E:) wasn't being used, I went to create a storage pool, thinking that would work, and now it gave and error saying "Can't create the pool, check the dive connections and then try again. 0x00000032. But now I can't find the disk anywhere and was...
  10. Optical Drive Disappears from File Explorer

Optical Drive Disappears from File Explorer: After much procrastination on upgrading a perfectly good Windows 7 operating system, I took the leap and successfully upgrading to Windows 10 over Two months ago. After completing the upgrade, I though wow what a great product. All of the installed drives, devices etc. were...