Windows 10: files get delete about other user

Discus and support files get delete about other user in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so I have two accounts on my pc. the first one is my main account and other one I use for my school.I have it set up under local account. if i remove a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by oz19, May 8, 2021.

1. oz19 Win User

files get delete about other user

so I have two accounts on my pc. the first one is my main account and other one I use for my school.I have it set up under local account. if i remove a app icon from the desktop like steam it remove it from my main account to.how do I stop it from remove it from my main account.?

:)

oz19, May 8, 2021
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 8, 2021
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    files get delete about other user 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, May 8, 2021
  4. macbeth Win User

Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, May 8, 2021
Thema:

1. files get delete about other user - Similar Threads - files delete user

2. Deleting "other user" Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting "other user" Windows 10: Hello,Every time boot to windows, i get prompt to sign in to "other user" which doesn't have a username or a password. I also, have another account which I usually sign in to, but I can't find the other user not from settings or user accounts "NETPLWIZ". I also went to...
  3. Crossposting about file deletion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crossposting about file deletion: submitted by /u/nhummel17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0urgu/crossposting_about_file_deletion/
  4. About recovering permanently deleted files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About recovering permanently deleted files: So I had some saved files in my Desktop and all of a sudden may be because of virus all my files in the Desktop,except for the shortcuts, got removed permanently. Those files are really really important. Is there any way to recover those files?...
  5. Specific Questions about Deleting Old User Accounts AND Their Files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Specific Questions about Deleting Old User Accounts AND Their Files: Hey guys, I have very specific questions and will outline the scenario leading up to them. I created a new user account new admin due to previous user account corruption. I have two drives, C, and D. D is where my Documents, Videos etc libraries are. C is my boot and...
  6. system32 and user file deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    system32 and user file deleted: Hi please help I did a CHKDSK and now it has corrupted my Hard drive, it deleted system32 and user files but the hard drive says it does not have enough space Your help will be appreciated Regards Criz...
  7. User file won't delete

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User file won't delete: I am trying to remove a user from my laptop but windows will not delete the remaining user file. I've deleted the spare user but when I go into C:/Users/ the file for the user is still there and it will not delete. I get an error code 0x80004005 when I try which doesn't help....
  8. Question about Onedrive deleting files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Question about Onedrive deleting files?: I have a folder of work files that I just copy to Onedrive so I can access them from my other PC’s. When I update that folder I just want to delete it from Onedrive and recopy the entire folder. When I delete that folder will Onedrive try to delete the folder or files on my...
  9. Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Deleted user account but cannot delete all user files: I deleted the previous user account on a laptop given to me by my friend (Joanne) and changed it to a new name (Serena). This seemed to work and when when I login it is with the new username. However there seems to be contradicting info about user accounts on my pc. The first...
  10. Can not delete files because there are other files in it

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not delete files because there are other files in it: I tried a command but for some reason didn't work it said this. I am the admin and have tried taking control of it that didn't work. Thanks for any idea's you may have C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim>rmdir /q /s DataData\INTERF~1\BODYCH~1 - Access is...