Windows 10: Files get missing while transferring to OneDrive

Discus and support Files get missing while transferring to OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don’t understand why but my files are missing. It occurred when I was moving them from the desktop to OneDrive and enabled folder protection.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichellePape, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Files get missing while transferring to OneDrive

I don’t understand why but my files are missing. It occurred when I was moving them from the desktop to OneDrive and enabled folder protection. Something went wrong and they disappeared and weren’t saved on OneDrive. I cannot find them, even recovery tool doesn’t help.

:)

MichellePape, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Judesman Win User
    I can't transfer files to Onedrive

I am very confused. If I open Onedrive in IE I have the option using Share to email a file to someone or add a link to an email. However I need to transfer the files to Onedrive either by drag and drop or cilicking on open in File Explorer. Clicking on open works but drag and drop doesn't. I have trawled through some tutorials and they all suggest that I should be able to drag and drop from file explorer.

Judesman, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Files get missing while transferring to OneDrive

OneDrive Personal Missing 'Green Ticks'

Hi James,

The issue that you encountered regarding the program is may be caused by some files or components that are missing on the system. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you
    reset OneDrive using the Run commands. This process will restart the program to its working state and eliminate any software conflicts. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Run, and then press Enter.
    • Copy and paste the following command into the Run window and click
      OK.
      • %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset
    • Make sure that the OneDrive icon in the notification area of the taskbar will disappear and reappear after a minute or two.
    • If the icon doesn’t reappear after a few minutes, copy this command:
      %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe
      and paste it into the
      Run window, and then click OK.
    • Once you’re done, check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the suggestion works for you.

Joseph Ban, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Files get missing while transferring to OneDrive

1. Files get missing while transferring to OneDrive - Similar Threads - Files missing while

2. Onedrive is missing files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive is missing files: Hi,I just logged into my onedrive account on my phone and it looks like most all of my files are missing, even though I would constantly get notifications on my computer that my onedrive was almost full. So what happened to my files? Could someone with Microsoft help me...
  3. Onedrive is missing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive is missing files: Hi,I just logged into my onedrive account on my phone and it looks like most all of my files are missing, even though I would constantly get notifications on my computer that my onedrive was almost full. So what happened to my files? Could someone with Microsoft help me...
  4. Missing files and folders while transferring between O/S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing files and folders while transferring between O/S: I recently set up a new computer myself and had it running on window 11. I was trying to transfer my documents from my old hard disk to the new computer so I connected the old hard disk to the new computer. The old hard disk had window 10 installed in it. If I start the...
  5. Missing files and folders while transferring between O/S

Missing files and folders while transferring between O/S: I recently set up a new computer myself and had it running on window 11. I was trying to transfer my documents from my old hard disk to the new computer so I connected the old hard disk to the new computer. The old hard disk had window 10 installed in it. If I start the...
  6. Transferred folders/files and Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferred folders/files and Onedrive: I have transferred folders, photos and files to my new laptop and deleted them from my old one, I have subsequently received an email from Onedrive to say they will be removed from the delete bin in 30 days. The email infers that I will lose all the items transferred...
  7. Transferred folders/files and Onedrive

Transferred folders/files and Onedrive: I have transferred folders, photos and files to my new laptop and deleted them from my old one, I have subsequently received an email from Onedrive to say they will be removed from the delete bin in 30 days. The email infers that I will lose all the items transferred...
  8. Windows Vista file transfer to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Vista file transfer to OneDrive: I need to retire our PC with OS Vista and am trying to transfer all files to OneDrive. The tutorial I read said to download the OneDrive app but Vista is too old for the app. So instead I went to OneDrive.com, logged into my existing account, upgraded to more storage and now...
  9. Transferring Onedrive files and photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring Onedrive files and photos: HI, How do you transfer Onedrive photos and files to an external drive? I want to make sure that I don't lose any of my photos or files while transferring them and I want to be able to view them without using one drive. I actually want to empty my Onedrive all together...
  10. Use OneDrive to transfer files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use OneDrive to transfer files: I have OneDrive installed on 2 different computers. They came with the same subscription to Office 365. I can upload files to OneDrive from each one of the computers. However, I cannot see one computer's files from the other. I thought the purpose of OneDrive was to avoid...