Windows 10: Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy

Discus and support Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy hi,I am facing a problem of yellow padlock on upper right corner of file icon in explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VikrantM, Feb 5, 2023.

1. VikrantM Win User

Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy

Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy hi,I am facing a problem of yellow padlock on upper right corner of file icon in explorer. meaning ~ it is locked in a way that i cant open, share online or even transfer to other driver or folderI have already tried...1. To Decrypt by entering in file properties>general tab>Advanced option>unchecking encrypt contents box2. To change Ownership by entering in file properties>security tab gaining full access3. Tried copying it to other folder/drive or even sharing online, but no success4. tried a utility tool Rese

:)

VikrantM, Feb 5, 2023

2. files have yellow padlock & won't open or copy

I have a folder on an external hard drive in which all of the files have yellow padlocks on the icons, and can't be opened, copied, pasted, etc. I can't access them in any way, aside from seeing the list of files in the folder. They've worked in the past,
    so I don't know what happened here. The rest of the external drive is fine and the files on it work normally.

(I'm using Windows 10. I originally had the files on an older computer running an older version of Windows; this computer is pretty new, and I haven't opened these files on it before. I'm the only person who uses this computer and have or should have complete
    administrator privileges; if I don't, that's a problem too.)

How can I fix this and access the files?

HalPhillips_721, Feb 5, 2023
  3. files have yellow padlock & won't open or copy

I've scanned the files with Windows Defender and I don't have any security software running.

Here is a screenshot of some of the icons with the yellow padlocks.

Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy 46d7bf1a-e77c-49cb-8a23-7ea591b5a458.png

HalPhillips_721, Feb 5, 2023
  4. Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy

Padlock and Yellow Exclaimation!

What if we dont remove the padlock and yellow exclaimation? Is it harmful or risky for data loss?

OR , is there any other process to normalise the system without turning bitlocker ON and then OFF ??

Sayan DasLX, Feb 5, 2023
Thema:

Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy

1. Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy - Similar Threads - Files gets yellow

2. Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy: Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy hi,I am facing a problem of yellow padlock on upper right corner of file icon in explorer. meaning ~ it is locked in a way that i cant open, share online or even transfer to other driver or folderI have already tried...1....
  3. Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy: Files gets yellow padlock & can't open, Share or Copy hi,I am facing a problem of yellow padlock on upper right corner of file icon in explorer. meaning ~ it is locked in a way that i cant open, share online or even transfer to other driver or folderI have already tried...1....
  4. Yellow padlock icon

Yellow padlock icon: Today when I started my computer I saw a yellow padlock icon on my taskbar . When I clicked on it it disappeared. What is it and will it cause any problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-padlock-icon/c3f7a0d6-7f16-47fa-9caf-400b06d79946
  5. Yellow padlock icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yellow padlock icon: Today when I started my computer I saw a yellow padlock icon on my taskbar . When I clicked on it it disappeared. What is it and will it cause any problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yellow-padlock-icon/c3f7a0d6-7f16-47fa-9caf-400b06d79946
  6. Yellow Padlock to right of new file

Yellow Padlock to right of new file: W10 21H1About 4 weeks ago all new files I save now have a padlock in top right corner, which I understand is linked to encryption. or permissionsI have not knowingly requested to turn 'On' encryption.I tried Googling and was told to turn off padlock overlay ... I did this all...
  7. Yellow Padlock to right of new file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yellow Padlock to right of new file: W10 21H1About 4 weeks ago all new files I save now have a padlock in top right corner, which I understand is linked to encryption. or permissionsI have not knowingly requested to turn 'On' encryption.I tried Googling and was told to turn off padlock overlay ... I did this all...
  8. Yellow Padlock to right of new file

9. Big Yellow Padlock symbol on files

Big Yellow Padlock symbol on files: I have seen a few topics with this question, but no fixes to the problem... On my WD Elements external drive, way back years ago I thought it would be a good idea to encrypt some of the files and folders. Not sure why.. Anyway, fast forward a good decade or so, and now I...
  10. Padlock and Yellow Exclaimation!

Padlock and Yellow Exclaimation!: What if we dont remove the padlock and yellow exclaimation? Is it harmful or risky for data loss? OR , is there any other process to normalise the system without turning bitlocker ON and then OFF ??...