Windows 10: files getting corrupted on sd card connected to surface go

Discus and support files getting corrupted on sd card connected to surface go in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i got a surface go which i have a 512 sd card inserted, i'm using it as extra storage for my programs and drawings. for some reason most of my drawings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by zyborwolf, Jan 30, 2019.

1. zyborwolf Win User

files getting corrupted on sd card connected to surface go

i got a surface go which i have a 512 sd card inserted, i'm using it as extra storage for my programs and drawings.
    for some reason most of my drawings has been corrupted (file or folder is damaged and cant be read) and when i have innstalled a program the same thing happens.
    soo is there something im doing wrong?
    its basic MBR.
    NTFS

:)

zyborwolf, Jan 30, 2019

2. micro SD card corrupted?

Does your SD card work if you connect it to your computer?

If so, then what I would suggest is to backup it's content on your PC and format the SD card.

Once it's backed up, format the SD card through the phone.

Go to App List > Storage Sense > SD Card > Format SD Card to do that.

Regards

Denis

DenisLepoivre, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Cannot copy music files to SD card

Dear Arnie,

Thanks for your suggestions and see below...

Put card into surface and run scan; all ok

Files will not copy to music folder (either mp3 or jpeg or excel) I tried all sorts of files ad none would work

I did copy a music file to "videos" on the card and it copied perfectly (since deleted it)

It seems the "MUSIC" folder on the card is locked to copying when the card is in the phone because I CAN copy music files to it when it is in the surface pro.

Music is default to save to SD card

I cannot see to add music in groove as I already have over 7500 songs on my 200GB card.

Many thanks,

A.

ArthurGoan, Jan 30, 2019
  4. files getting corrupted on sd card connected to surface go

C Drive Full and SD Card Corrupting Files

Hey,

hope this is in the right place. So my C drive is literally full. No space whatsoever. I've attempted multiple times to clean it out, deleting folders, using software to clean out junk files, everything. I cannot delete anything in the C drive because it's system files and it won't let me delete anything at all. This wouldn't be a problem if my SD card wasn't corrupting everything.

My laptop (SD card included) are empty. Everything was deleted and not by me. I tried another SD card that was brand new and still have the same problem. My word documents open blank and my download files say they're corrupted. However I can still open the SD card file and see what's on it, I just can't open the actual files. My C drive has 28GB that I only use for drawing software and word documents, but there's nothing on it but system files.

I've been searching for weeks to try and find a solution and haven't yet found one. I'm on a surface pro, windows 10. I cannot download any updates because of the storage issue and the laptop is only 6 months old.

Thanks,

Eli

littlespaceship, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

files getting corrupted on sd card connected to surface go

1. files getting corrupted on sd card connected to surface go - Similar Threads - files getting corrupted

2. the surface model 'GO 1825. sd card driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the surface model 'GO 1825. sd card driver: I inserted an sd card into my surface go but it does not read the card. i have gone into device manager and disk drive which shows ''KBG30ZP256G TOSHIBA. would anyone be able to advise how i could get the pc to read my sd card... i tried to look for a sd driver to download...
  3. the surface model 'GO 1825. sd card driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the surface model 'GO 1825. sd card driver: I inserted an sd card into my surface go but it does not read the card. i have gone into device manager and disk drive which shows ''KBG30ZP256G TOSHIBA. would anyone be able to advise how i could get the pc to read my sd card... i tried to look for a sd driver to download...
  4. the surface model 'GO 1825. sd card driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Corrupted SD card

Corrupted SD card: I tried to fix my corrupted sd card using chkdsk command in windows 10. It says the following: The type of the file system is FAT32. Volume Serial Number is 3B83-1115 Windows is verifying files and folders... The 'file' entry contains a nonvalid link. The size of the...
  6. Windows to go on sd card

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows to go on sd card: Ok I have a church friend who is 150 years old using a win 7 dell laptop which I have on occasion had to repair for her (main uses email and skype video). This was from the ms sticker a win 8 computer downgraded to win 7. She declined my offer to upgrade (as she says "I'll...
  7. Files are corrupted on SD card

Files are corrupted on SD card: I use 512 SD card inserted in my Surface Go as an extra storage place. But I’ve recently found out that most of my files are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-corrupted-on-sd-card/3f6ddc9c-be6d-4568-941b-e45837817246
  8. Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file

Unable to recover corrupt SD card/RAW file: 32GB SD card has 2 recognised partitions both are known to be in RAW file format. I have tried many ways using cmd and chkdsk/Diskpart in Administrator mode to recover and format these RAW files/partition from the SD card. However, whatever way I try, I always get Windows...
  9. Micro SD Card Corrupted

Micro SD Card Corrupted: Hi Before I forget my phones an android! The other day I moved some music over to my phone and it seemed to move OK so I went ahead and removed my phone from the laptop. Then when I got to the car I went to pull up my music player so I could play over my cars audio...
  10. MP3 files getting corrupted when transferring to micro-SD cards

in Windows 10 Support
    MP3 files getting corrupted when transferring to micro-SD cards: I want to transfer my MP3 music files to 32GB micro-SD cards so I can listen to them on portable devices. Unfortunately, when I do so, the files often end up getting corrupted in an odd way: the file will start playing normally, but then a piece of a completely different MP3...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after copying lots of music foders onto sd card folders the files which were there now say empty

2. car and driver eye1pro sd card error

3. files are getting corrupted on sd card