Windows 10: Files gone after 1809 Update

Discus and support Files gone after 1809 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yeah so I got prompted to do the October Update, and I did it thinking Microsoft fixed the bug where it would delete some files, so it did it and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rednax35, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Rednax35 Win User

Files gone after 1809 Update

Yeah so I got prompted to do the October Update, and I did it thinking Microsoft fixed the bug where it would delete some files, so it did it and the update went smoothly.

Once my desktop loaded, I noticed three gaps that weren't there before I did the update.

I know these weren't there before because I always keep my desktop organized and those gaps are in spots that I know originally had files on them

Can someone help me out? I made a System Restore point but I don't want to go through the hassle of jumping back to it and reinstalling the update again which took about 4 hours.

Edit: I just remembered what the files were and I know that they were in the gaps that I mentioned, so I know it was the update deleting them and not my memory

:)

Rednax35, Nov 17, 2018
  2. puni Win User

After updating to 1809, file access to the network has gone wrong

I do not know whether this is a problem of 1809 or in my environment, but it came to occur after updating to 1809.

The file access over the network to 1809 has gone wrong.

at 1809 PC

write file to 1803 -> NG

read file from 1803 -> OK

at 1803 PC

write file to 1809 -> OK

read file from 1809 -> NG

Is there anyone who has experienced such a phenomenon?

Is there any solution?

3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Files gone after 1809 Update

After updating to 1809, file access to the network has gone wrong

Hello, A pleasure to help you.

I must tell you that the problem that occurs after the update is known and the Microsoft team is in the process of investigation, since several users have reported this incident.

"We have paused the implementation of the Windows Update October 10, 2018 (version 1809) for all users while investigating isolated user reports that are missing some files after the update.

Microsoft employs a gradual implementation scheme, and not all Windows 10 users have received their last six-month update of the operating system. "

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/446461...

They suggested that you follow the Workaround steps that Microsoft requests to know about your incident described in the previous article.

Please let me know if the information was useful or if you need to continue with my support.

Greetings Dayamis

dayamiperez, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Files gone after 1809 Update

1. Files gone after 1809 Update - Similar Threads - Files gone 1809

2. Menubar in File Explorer is gone after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Menubar in File Explorer is gone after Windows Update: After I installed Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22631.2129 KB5029359 and Update Stack Package - Version 1201.2307.25022.0 the menu bar of the file explorer is gone. An screenshot is attached.Menu Bar GoneWindows UpdateHow can I fix it?...
  3. Files gone after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files gone after update: Windows performed an automatic update last night. Now all my files -- everything on my desktop -- are gone. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-gone-after-update/96b89c54-67d1-4977-853e-877c129d98fb
  4. Files gone after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files gone after update: Windows performed an automatic update last night. Now all my files -- everything on my desktop -- are gone. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-gone-after-update/96b89c54-67d1-4977-853e-877c129d98fb
  5. Files gone after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Update/Files Gone

Update/Files Gone: When I powered my computer on this morning, it informed me it did an update. Now everything is gone!! Even in my QuickBooks companies!! This problem needs to be fixed Microsoft! I do not have time to sit here for hours trying to recover files. I use this computer for my...
  7. After update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update 1809: Hi From time to time I get BSOD with the text: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ☹ Your PC ran into as problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you XX complete...
  8. Win10 update tonight 1809? and everything is GONE. Apps, favourites software, gone.

Win10 update tonight 1809? and everything is GONE. Apps, favourites software, gone.: Hi, im in Australia and not very computor savy and tonight my laptop did an automatic update that took hours. When i finally logged back in it was almost as though i had wiped my drive and reloaded windows. I have now read that a lot of people had lost documents but my...
  9. Notifications are gone - update 1809

Notifications are gone - update 1809: Hi, anyone has the similar issue fixed? 1. Info about notifications... [ATTACH] 2. After clicking... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/notifications-are-gone-update-1809/5df95408-e3ed-4dda-bc5f-88d34025b6ee
  10. cannot save word files after 1809 update

cannot save word files after 1809 update: my computer has just updated to 1809. now it seems i cannot save any files in Word. i am using Word 2013... Any ideas what i can do? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809/macafee

2. always keep on this device gone 1809