Windows 10: Files Gone

Discus and support Files Gone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My desktop updated last week 2/8/2019 and now all my files are gone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RAlvarado28, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Files Gone

My desktop updated last week 2/8/2019 and now all my files are gone.

:)

RAlvarado28, Feb 15, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Feb 15, 2019
  3. hdjx Win User
    files have gone

I MOVED a directory from one W2K PC to another. However, the target PC (which has a backup unit on it and thus the point of the move) crashed halfway through the move and I had to reboot. I then decided that I needed to sort out why the PC crashed and MOVED the directory back again.

However, in the process, most of the files have disappeared! What I don't understand is why the original files were deleted if they were not copied over.

As far as I can see, the files have gone for good. Is there any hope? Friend suggest Data Recovery Wizard, can I try that?

4. Files Gone

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

Files Gone

1. Files Gone - Similar Threads - Files Gone

2. Why do I keep getting a warning that all my files are going to be deleted because I've gone...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why do I keep getting a warning that all my files are going to be deleted because I've gone...: I keep getting a message that says I am over my storage limit, my It says that I've used 1% of my 5GB. I've deleted all of my photos, mostly all of my files and It is still sending me the message despite the fact that I've only used 1% of my storage....
  3. Why do I keep getting a warning that all my files are going to be deleted because I've gone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I keep getting a warning that all my files are going to be deleted because I've gone...: I keep getting a message that says I am over my storage limit, my It says that I've used 1% of my 5GB. I've deleted all of my photos, mostly all of my files and It is still sending me the message despite the fact that I've only used 1% of my storage....
  4. Why do I keep getting a warning that all my files are going to be deleted because I've gone...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone: So I downloaded Photos Legacy because I had 100s of videos that I had created and wanted to work on them. All of my projects are there, but they contain none of my video files, and they say cannot find file. I have hundreds and hundreds of hours put into this. How on earth...
  6. Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone

Photos Legacy, All video editor files are gone: So I downloaded Photos Legacy because I had 100s of videos that I had created and wanted to work on them. All of my projects are there, but they contain none of my video files, and they say cannot find file. I have hundreds and hundreds of hours put into this. How on earth...
  7. ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...: ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE FROM MY LIFE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-is-full-it-deleted-my-desktop-icons-i/434a60bc-551a-4fb0-8202-20e7c4900d85
  8. ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...

ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE...: ONE DRIVE IS FULL. IT DELETED MY DESKTOP ICONS. I WANT MY FILES BACK AND ONE DRIVE GONE FROM MY LIFE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-is-full-it-deleted-my-desktop-icons-i/434a60bc-551a-4fb0-8202-20e7c4900d85
  9. HELPPPP My files are gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELPPPP My files are gone: I wanted to download windows ISO file to my external SSD but in downloading process instead of choosing ISO option i chose first option USB flash drive and now my 256GB SSD shows only ESD-USB32gb bootable for windows and all my files are gone how do i get back my files please...
  10. HELPPPP My files are gone

HELPPPP My files are gone: I wanted to download windows ISO file to my external SSD but in downloading process instead of choosing ISO option i chose first option USB flash drive and now my 256GB SSD shows only ESD-USB32gb bootable for windows and all my files are gone how do i get back my files please...