Windows 10: Files have become folders with the real file and a $Zone.Identifier$$D

Discus and support Files have become folders with the real file and a $Zone.Identifier$$D in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I reinstalled windows 10 and not many of the files that I backed up have become folders. For example: File used to be "index.html". Now this file has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dominique120, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Files have become folders with the real file and a $Zone.Identifier$$D

I reinstalled windows 10 and not many of the files that I backed up have become folders.

For example: File used to be "index.html". Now this file has become a folder called "index html" with two files in it. The "index.hml" file I'm looking for and a file called "$Zone.Identifier$$DATA"

Why did this happen? What can I do to fix this?

I could fix it by hand but there are thousands of files. IS there a way to make a batch script to handle this?

Thank alot. I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018 and I just reinstalled from the same version.

I have not touched any group policies.

:)

dominique120, Feb 16, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Feb 16, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Feb 16, 2020
  4. GSquadron Win User

Files have become folders with the real file and a $Zone.Identifier$$D

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

Files have become folders with the real file and a $Zone.Identifier$$D

1. Files have become folders with the real file and a $Zone.Identifier$$D - Similar Threads - Files become folders

2. Files and folders in D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folders in D drive: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. Can I move, or delete, or rename folders in the D drive without screwinganything up?Mark...
  3. Files and folders in D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and folders in D drive: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. Can I move, or delete, or rename folders in the D drive without screwinganything up?Mark...
  4. File becomes TMP File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File becomes TMP File: So I just restarted windows after my windows broke and now i'm trying to download chrome.When I do, the file just become a "TMP File" and when I download it says "Couldn't download - No permissions"...
  5. File becomes TMP File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File becomes TMP File: So I just restarted windows after my windows broke and now i'm trying to download chrome.When I do, the file just become a "TMP File" and when I download it says "Couldn't download - No permissions"...
  6. Random Program Files Folder on D: Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Program Files Folder on D: Drive: hey y’all, i got a new ssd and i’m replacing my Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive with it i used to download games on that drive (the D: drive is the external hard drive) and after i got an SSD (E:) i started downloading games there i’ve moved all my files from my D: Drive to...
  7. all files have become read only

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    all files have become read only: in windows 10 all files have become read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-files-have-become-read-only/0ba89393-e14d-4c97-9485-a610f66646c8
  8. Identifying Corrupt Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Identifying Corrupt Files: Does anyone know how to search for corrupt files on an entire drive and save in a text file the paths and names of files which have been found to be corrupt? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/identifying-corrupt-files/0159401d-f26f-4147-9e65-c946c7d8ec78
  9. My files have become folders with the actual file and a “$Zone.Identifier$$DATA” file in them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My files have become folders with the actual file and a “$Zone.Identifier$$DATA” file in them: I reinstalled windows 10 and not many of the files that I backed up have become folders. For example: File used to be "index.hmtml". Now this file has become a folder called "index html" with two files in it. The "index.hml" file I'm looking for and a file called...
  10. File Explorer has become a real mess

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer has become a real mess: File Explorer, in the last few days, has become a real mess on my computers. (My Documents resides on a network drive, a D-Link DNS-323, which is mapped to the computer, and has been ever since the July release.) 1. Sometimes it takes File Explorer 4 or 5 minutes to allow...