Windows 10: Files I deleted from desktop magically keep reappearing

Discus and support Files I deleted from desktop magically keep reappearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; About two months ago I deleted a bunch of stuff from my dekstop. A couple of shortcuts, some txt files, some folders, some small applications. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JanKrawczyński, Feb 23, 2021.

1. Files I deleted from desktop magically keep reappearing

About two months ago I deleted a bunch of stuff from my dekstop. A couple of shortcuts, some txt files, some folders, some small applications. After couple of weeks everything reappeared on my desktop, I googled the issue, fixed some things that people were pointing out as possible causes and deleted the files again. I thought the issue was solved and I won't be bothered by it anymore. Today when I powered on my PC the haunting files are back. I am aware that this problem exists for some time, and there already is a number of threads about it but none of them is helpful. Is there seriously no fix for this?

:)

JanKrawczyński, Feb 23, 2021

2. Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 23, 2021
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 23, 2021
  4. Files I deleted from desktop magically keep reappearing

Reappearing deleted files

Under what circumstances do the files reappear?

• After a reboot?
    • At a fixed time?
    • When you do something specific?
    • At random?

Frederik Long, Feb 23, 2021
Thema:

Files I deleted from desktop magically keep reappearing

1. Files I deleted from desktop magically keep reappearing - Similar Threads - Files deleted desktop

2. Bug: Deleted desktop files keep reappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug: Deleted desktop files keep reappearing: Hi, this particular Windows 10 bug has been persistent for almost 2 years. If I delete a file on my desktop, it will go inside the recycle bin, as usual. But when I open a fullscreen program, the file will reappear on the desktop again. Only when I refresh the desktop with...
  3. Files that I have deleted keep reappearing on my desktop screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files that I have deleted keep reappearing on my desktop screen?: So this problem has occurred three times over the past few weeks or so and basically all the files that I deleted reappear on my desktop. This started to happen when I did the windows 10 quality update thingy so possibly this issue has to do with that? Anyways I tried...
  4. Deleted files on my desktop reappear.

Deleted files on my desktop reappear.: So sometimes when I delete any video/photo file on my desktop (Throw it into the recycle bin), It reappears on my desktop like a day later. Normally I like to build up a lot of items in my recycle bin before deleting them all just in case I deleted something I didn't mean to....
  5. Files keep reappearing after deleting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Files keep reappearing after deleting: When I delete a file, it appears to be fine, but not long after it reappears on desktop again, along with older deleted files. Permanent deletion won't work either. How do I fix this issue?...
  6. Deleted files on Desktop reappear again. Why?

Deleted files on Desktop reappear again. Why?: I have this annoying problem (Windows 10 Pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042.630) I create a file on the Desktop I delete this file - file icon disappear immediately from the desktop upon deletion, as it should I log out from windows When I log back in to windows, the file...
  7. Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion: Hi, if i delete a file, folder, .rar, etc. from my desktop and open a game, or program, the file keeps reappearing on the desktop. If i press F5 on the desktop it disappears, but it's very annoying to be pressing F5 the hole time and if i try to delete the file it tells me...
  8. Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icons reappear after deleted from Desktop: When I created a file "on the desktop" videos, docs etc. then decide to delete the file, a ghost icon will reappear after opening a full screen program or signing-out. The work-a-round is easy enough: Just right click and Refresh the screen and the ghost icon disappears....
  9. Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts desktop shortcut keeps reappearing after being deleted: It started a few months ago. I suddenly had a "contacts" shortcut appear on my desktop so I deleted it. It was empty. The next time I came it came back. It has never stopped, I have tried to hide it in another folder, change the name or deleting the folder it was in. For some...
  10. Deleted MSG files saved to Desktop keep reappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted MSG files saved to Desktop keep reappearing: Message files (.msg) that are permanently deleted from my Desktop folder continue to reappear after refreshing the desktop, restarting explorer.exe, etc. In case it's relevant, I'm working in a corporate domain environment with automated backups running on a schedule. The...