Windows 10: Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Files I didn't open show up on my recently opened list every time I enter the explorer. I changed my password and the problem is still there. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lea000, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Lea000 Win User

Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer

Files I didn't open show up on my recently opened list every time I enter the explorer. I changed my password and the problem is still there. I also deleted OneDrive from my computer but the problem is still there as if I still have OneDrive installed. I hope that this is a bug and that my account is not hacked. I saw lots of questions about this topic over the last month so maybe there is some issue with the system. Please help us.

:)

Lea000, Dec 4, 2023
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 4, 2023
  3. eidairaman1, Dec 4, 2023
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

1. Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Files didn't open

2. Files I didn't open keep showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files I didn't open keep showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer: Something is accessing files on my One Drive and it is not me. It is isolated to One Drive files as it does not happen when WiFi is off. and the accessed files appear to be random. Why is this happening and how do I make it stop?...
  3. Files I didn't open keep showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files I didn't open keep showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer: Something is accessing files on my One Drive and it is not me. It is isolated to One Drive files as it does not happen when WiFi is off. and the accessed files appear to be random. Why is this happening and how do I make it stop?...
  4. Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer: Files I didn't open show up on my recently opened list every time I enter the explorer. I changed my password and the problem is still there. I also deleted OneDrive from my computer but the problem is still there as if I still have OneDrive installed. I hope that this is a...
  5. Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.: Each time I boot up the computer, a number of files will be added to the recent files list. These are old files that I have not accessed recently in some cases not for months or years. All of the files added are word, excel or PDF documents. Please advise....
  6. Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.: Each time I boot up the computer, a number of files will be added to the recent files list. These are old files that I have not accessed recently in some cases not for months or years. All of the files added are word, excel or PDF documents. Please advise....
  7. Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.

8. Why did Word files I didn't open in months appear in recent files list in Windows Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Word files I didn't open in months appear in recent files list in Windows Explorer?: On the Home page on Windows Explorer in Windows 11, I noticed that Word files I haven't opened in months or years appear in the recent files list. Three days ago there were several Word files showing they were opened the same time. Today, there were several Word files at...
  9. Why did Word files I didn't open in months appear in recent files list in Windows Explorer?

Why did Word files I didn't open in months appear in recent files list in Windows Explorer?: On the Home page on Windows Explorer in Windows 11, I noticed that Word files I haven't opened in months or years appear in the recent files list. Three days ago there were several Word files showing they were opened the same time. Today, there were several Word files at...
  10. Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recently opened word file not showing up in File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files: Running Windows 10 Home Every file word, excel, pdf, jpeg, etc that I open shows up in my "File Explorer Quick Access Recent Files" list, except one. It's a Word file .docx and I have other files of the same type in my list. Any thoughts on why? Thanks, David...