Windows 10: Files I download, download with notepad

Discus and support Files I download, download with notepad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So i am trying to download a file listed as .pkg and i want it downloaded exactly how it is supposed to be but it downloads with notepad. I was not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by QuintenWollner, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Files I download, download with notepad

So i am trying to download a file listed as .pkg and i want it downloaded exactly how it is supposed to be but it downloads with notepad.

I was not sure if the file was supposed be downloaded as is when i first downloaded it so i opened it with notepad and now everytime i try to download it again it opens with notepad.

:)

QuintenWollner, Jan 5, 2021

2. Something wrong with downloads?

maybe list the specific file you are trying to download. I also just grabbed a download with no issues, and good speed.

sneekypeet, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Luka KLLP Win User

Files I download, download with notepad

Finding .IMG or .ISO file in Windows 8.1 Pro download

Hey guys,

In preparation for my new PC I downloaded Windows 8.1 Pro from Dreamspark, and I wanted to burn it to a DVD, so I can install it on the new PC.
    However, in the downloaded files I can't find a .IMG or .ISO file anywhere. I understood that the .IMG file is the one you need to burn to the DVD?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Luka KLLP, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Files I download, download with notepad

1. Files I download, download with notepad - Similar Threads - Files download download

2. How do I download Windows Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I download Windows Notepad: how do I download Microsoft Notepad<Changed to a question> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-download-windows-notepad/045ec197-8e78-4adf-b4c5-3b95f4e12bbe
  3. howmdo i download Windows Notepad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    howmdo i download Windows Notepad: how do I download Microsoft Notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/howmdo-i-download-windows-notepad/045ec197-8e78-4adf-b4c5-3b95f4e12bbe
  4. howmdo i download Windows Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    howmdo i download Windows Notepad: how do I download Microsoft Notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/howmdo-i-download-windows-notepad/045ec197-8e78-4adf-b4c5-3b95f4e12bbe
  5. I can't download Windows Notepad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't download Windows Notepad: I've been trying to download Windows Notepad from the MS but it says that my device is not compatible. I see the compatible devices on the system requirements menu and my pc version is there. But every time I try to download it says "It looks like you don't have any...
  6. Downloads go into Notepad.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloads go into Notepad.: For some reason, all of my downloads have been turning into a notepad. Because of it, I cant download anything that I need. Is there anyone that could help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downloads-go-into-notepad/a1bbfd68-649e-4e93-9317-03f8980665b3
  7. Downloads Turning into Notepad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downloads Turning into Notepad: My Problem is that when I open my Downloads from chrome they turn into Notepad and a bunch of random codes the Main thing im trying to download is Optifine for Minecraft...
  8. why when i download a file it opens with notepad

in Windows 10 Support
    why when i download a file it opens with notepad: When I download a file like a mod for a game it downloads as a .rar and a notepad and then opens in note pad? I am on a windows 10 laptop. 153024
  9. DOWNLOAD FILE KEEPS OPENING IN NOTEPAD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DOWNLOAD FILE KEEPS OPENING IN NOTEPAD: So I'm trying to download the bios update for my asrock motherboard but when I go to open and extract the files they open in notepad, this also happens with any other downloads as well, I've tried many different solutions including saving the file and trying to open it with...
  10. Minecraft, Notepad, and opening downloads

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft, Notepad, and opening downloads: Im trying to reset my computer but I bought Minecraft with a giftcard and im wondering if I can possible redownload Minecraft, because every time I go to the app store it says I need to rebuy it, I haven't restarted it yet because of this issue. The reason im restarting is...