Windows 10: Files I previously download go away after reboot, deleted files also come back after reboot.

Discus and support Files I previously download go away after reboot, deleted files also come back after reboot. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm not logged into a temporary profile, I'm getting a message is the start search bar that "the index is not running." When trying to turn it on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EyanLotino, May 12, 2021.

1. Files I previously download go away after reboot, deleted files also come back after reboot.

I'm not logged into a temporary profile, I'm getting a message is the start search bar that "the index is not running." When trying to turn it on it says that the windows search service is not started. I tried starting it in service and it said that "windows could not start windows search service, error 21: device is not ready."

:)

EyanLotino, May 12, 2021

2. Cannot delete files in Temp

Exactly Jim... which is why I had him knock-out all existing processes... OR try to.

The performance lib counters temp file though, it's usually controlleable via extctrlst.exe (reskit tool I mentioned above)!

That is so the majority of HKEY_DYN_DATA isn't being formed in memory (it's a "fake" registry hive basically & has no corresponding on-disk file)... that SHOULD take of that as well. The WMI counter is the ONLY one that you really may have trouble setting as "no longer generating", because it always restarts itself anyhow.

(There's ways to stall that too, WBEM folder stuff, but it creates more problems than its worth, because it affects other things, because once I removed its folders from the SYSTEM %PATH% & it stopped working alright, but a lot of other stuff did too!)

*Smile Files I previously download go away after reboot, deleted files also come back after reboot. :)

* It's not working on his end though yet & I just read that now on edit!

So, something is STILL generating those temp files & the correct process hasn't been stalled yet so they are no longer locked... so, onto the next step.

POST STARTER:

Can you provide us a list of your normally running processes via a screenprint of taskmgr.exe's PROCESSES tab?

APK

P.S.=> xman makes a GOOD solid point - they're files that apps use, temporarily, & sometimes do NOT clean them up properly... leaving remnants that SHOULD be non-locked by a reboot... technically.

This includes performance counter generations... they SHOULD go away @ reboot... but, if not, this is the type of thing to do to burn them... apk

Alec§taar, May 12, 2021
  3. macbeth Win User
    Cannot delete files in Temp

I restart in safe mode and is able to delete them and everything seem ok on my next normal reboot. But after awhile some of those files are being created anyway. So i think it should be ok. Scan with bitdefender10 no virus, spysweeper5 no spyware. So i guess the virus and spyware part should not be the case. Mostly those files were being created and still being used by some application.

macbeth, May 12, 2021
  4. Files I previously download go away after reboot, deleted files also come back after reboot.

Virus - Please solve me how to deal with this virus

Files Infected:
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmbitgwgsj.dll (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmciqigqal.dll (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmjwciwovt.dll (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmneckpmii.dll (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmvffpoevc.dll (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmvxepstfk.dll (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\kbiwkmbjoprotq.sys (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\kbiwkmoikuyrfl.sys (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\drivers\kbiwkmotaonqts.sys (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmhwubyyih.dat (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmijdcuxsj.dat (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmijhtnyjv.dll (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmjakrmkwx.dat (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmklfwpqur.dll (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmqwmqrnxn.dat (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmrwibvbcs.dll (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmsobtsnwm.dat (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.
    C:\Windows\System32\kbiwkmwsxvowut.dll (Rootkit.TDSS) -> Delete on reboot.

This basicly tells you where the bad files are so what i would now do.

Make sure system restore is turned of because this keeps copys of dodgy files and if you dont turn it of they will keep coming back.

then manulay goto c:\system32 and manulay find the files in that list and delete them one by one (yes it takes time but better than format of you cant be bothered)

after you have deleted the files in the list restart and run the scan again untill you have fully removed the files.

another usefull scanner i use is the norton online scan its free and does a very good job of findind where dodgy files hide, it willl also give you a list at the end with any viruses or bad files that need to be removed. follow the list and manuly delete.

animal007uk, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Files I previously download go away after reboot, deleted files also come back after reboot.

1. Files I previously download go away after reboot, deleted files also come back after reboot. - Similar Threads - Files previously download

2. deleted files keep coming back after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted files keep coming back after restart: I installed valorant to my pc but riot client always stuck at 0.1kb/s and always stop at 24%highest i've got was 31% now i've deleted it manually since i don't know how to stop it, i've also deleted multiple remnant files of riot client and valorant on safe boot since i'm...
  3. deleted files keep coming back after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    deleted files keep coming back after restart: I installed valorant to my pc but riot client always stuck at 0.1kb/s and always stop at 24%highest i've got was 31% now i've deleted it manually since i don't know how to stop it, i've also deleted multiple remnant files of riot client and valorant on safe boot since i'm...
  4. All files and programs that I delete or uninstall come back after reboot.

All files and programs that I delete or uninstall come back after reboot.: My computer has Windows 10 Pro and is an Optiplex 9020 x64 bit. This issue occurred a day after installing SQL server 2022. The computer restarted on its own and stayed on the BIOS startup page. Since then, I can not install or remove any programs. Any help is greatly...
  5. All files and programs that I delete or uninstall come back after reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All files and programs that I delete or uninstall come back after reboot.: My computer has Windows 10 Pro and is an Optiplex 9020 x64 bit. This issue occurred a day after installing SQL server 2022. The computer restarted on its own and stayed on the BIOS startup page. Since then, I can not install or remove any programs. Any help is greatly...
  6. All files and programs that I delete or uninstall come back after reboot.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Deleted Files come back after computer restarts

Deleted Files come back after computer restarts: A folder on my computer not in my C: drive has about 90 GB of files that I can't delete without force deleting them. Every time I turn on my computer the files come back. I have run chkdsk multiple times, I have deleted the files from recycle bin, etc and they still come...
  8. Deleted Files come back after computer restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted Files come back after computer restarts: A folder on my computer not in my C: drive has about 90 GB of files that I can't delete without force deleting them. Every time I turn on my computer the files come back. I have run chkdsk multiple times, I have deleted the files from recycle bin, etc and they still come...
  9. Deleted Files come back after computer restarts

10. All files that I deleted come back after reboot.

All files that I deleted come back after reboot.: I tried deleting Cold war from files, but after I rebooted my pc it was still there. I did this multiple times and same occurrence. It won't let me reset windows and it says that the "index is not running." I tried turning on windows search in services but I get an error 21...