Windows 10: Files in Document Folder moving

Discus and support Files in Document Folder moving in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Files in Document Folder move up and down, making it difficult to click on a file. Sometimes scrolling down in Document Folder the cursor will jump to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by migoblu1, Apr 7, 2022.

1. migoblu1 Win User

Files in Document Folder moving

Files in Document Folder move up and down, making it difficult to click on a file. Sometimes scrolling down in Document Folder the cursor will jump to the top. This does not happen in other folders, such as the Download Folder.

:)

migoblu1, Apr 7, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

We appreciate the details you've provided. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to move your Documents Folder Location in Windows 10:

• You need to create a new folder named Documents at the location you want to move your personal Documents folder.
    • Press Win + E to open File Explorer, right-click
      Documents, and select Properties.
    • Select the Location tab and click the Move button.
    • Browse and select the new Documents folder at the location you want to move the folder Documents. Click the
      Select Folder.
    • Click OK to apply.
    • Click Yes to move all the files from the old location to the new location.
    • Your personal Documents folder and all of its contents will now be moved to the new location.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 7, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Suddenly, Documents folder has moved to Downloads

Hi,

One possible cause why your Documents folder suddenly moved to Downloads folder due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes aside from connecting to your university network?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to move it back?
    • Does this happen with Documents folder only or with other folders also?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 7, 2022
  4. Files in Document Folder moving

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Apr 7, 2022
Thema:

Files in Document Folder moving

1. Files in Document Folder moving - Similar Threads - Files Document Folder

2. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  3. Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Moved my documents folder to a new drive, and now the documents folder is there, but not...: At first, I accidentally moved the Documents folder to the root drive folder E:/ and I moved it back by restoring registry files to their defaults.Now I correctly made a Documents folder E:/Documents and moved the folder there. However, while I can access the folder from the...
  4. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  5. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  6. Files in Document Folder moving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in Document Folder moving: Files in Document Folder move up and down, making it difficult to click on a file. Sometimes scrolling down in Document Folder the cursor will jump to the top. This does not happen in other folders, such as the Download Folder....
  7. Files in Document Folder moving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files in Document Folder moving: Files in Document Folder move up and down, making it difficult to click on a file. Sometimes scrolling down in Document Folder the cursor will jump to the top. This does not happen in other folders, such as the Download Folder....
  8. Document files moved to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Document files moved to OneDrive: My first post here: Windows 10 build 19042 Ver 20H2 I don't know happened. Yesterday, I used Calibre that requires access to files in a folder in my Documents folder. But it wasn't there. All files and folders were gone and apparently moved to onedrive. I was able to move...
  9. Moving my Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving my Documents folder: Having an issue with space on my C:\ drive, so in Users\Tom\ right clicking on the Documents folder, clicking on the Location tab and selecting "Move". Filled in the new location N:\Users\Tom\Documents. System replied with a confirmation window confirming Old location and New...
  10. Cannot move documents folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot move documents folder: I am trying to move my documents folder from the external drive I put it on before installing Win10. It looks like its going to move, then says its done but nothing has moved. Any ideas? 8188