Windows 10: Files in Downloads deleted

Discus and support Files in Downloads deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I created a folder in Downloads and stored important files in it. Yesterday I restored my Laptop and chose to take all my files. But today when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nguyễn Ngô Anh Tuấn, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Files in Downloads deleted

I created a folder in Downloads and stored important files in it. Yesterday I restored my Laptop and chose to take all my files. But today when I opened the Downloads is wiped off. Can I take them back.

:)

Nguyễn Ngô Anh Tuấn, Apr 6, 2020

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Apr 6, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Files in Downloads deleted

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Files in Downloads deleted

1. Files in Downloads deleted - Similar Threads - Files Downloads deleted

2. Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder: Reappearing of deleted files in Downloads folder:Since Last 5 days its happening on my Laptop i have checked the onedrive no account is signed in, synced or connected.Also i have checked my windows backup settings from start menu no folder is added or anything like that.I...
  3. Files Deleted After Successful Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files Deleted After Successful Download: I found a similar issue someone posted regarding Windows 7. I downloaded a file from Bitdefender tech support responding to an issue I put to them. They provided a link and I saved the file to 'Downloads'. However, after the download completed, the file was deleted. Here are...
  4. on download zip file some files deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    on download zip file some files deleted: I wanted to package my OS this evening, Then I saw weird behaviour. Whenever I download a zip file, Some files get deleted, Is there a way to fix this? Yes storage sense is on, But it runs at low disk space while my free disk space is 108 GB....
  5. Can’t download, update or delete files

Can’t download, update or delete files: Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows here [IMG] I have...
  6. Can’t Download, update or delete files

Can’t Download, update or delete files: Just recently out of the blue my computer started randomly having problems like it says at the top that I can’t download, update or delete files. I have tried multiple browsers all of them saying something along the lines “Couldn’t download” like it shows here[IMG] I have...
  7. Deleting downloaded Windows update files...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deleting downloaded Windows update files...: Windows 10 v. 1909 (18363.900)... One of my system had downloaded the W10 2004 feature update, circled in red, to the folder below: [img] Applying the update had been delayed for a week. To my recollection, the content of the download folder can be deleted, but don't...
  8. Deleting downloaded files automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting downloaded files automatically: Hi, I want to ask a question. Is there any app or build in feature that asks you if you want to delete downloaded file right after you downloaded so you don't have to navigate to "Downloads" folder or any other where your downloaded files are stored? E.g. when you want to...
  9. Files Delete as soon as they Download

Files Delete as soon as they Download: Okay, so I recently got a new laptop. An HP. I'm not sure what kind it is, but there are a few files that when I download them, they automatically get deleted, and they aren't even showing up in the recycling bin. So. what exactly is going on? I've never had this problem with...
  10. DELETE OF DOWNLOAD FILE IN PC

DELETE OF DOWNLOAD FILE IN PC: I wanna know that this is my second time when my download file is automatically deleted from PC, why this happened. Please Submit a reason and solution. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-of-download-file-in-pc/3b872376-579a-4961-84e7-a6297aad16ca"