Windows 10: Files in File Explorer are not selected

Discus and support Files in File Explorer are not selected in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Prior the issue File Explorer kept a selected file selected. I could select a file, then open it, save etc. without having to click on the mouse.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Adrian Owens, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Files in File Explorer are not selected

Prior the issue File Explorer kept a selected file selected. I could select a file, then open it, save etc. without having to click on the mouse. Currently folder settings in File Explorer have changed because the file I have opened is not stayed selected anymore. I have to click the mouse to select it again

:)

Adrian Owens, Apr 16, 2019

2. File explorer not searching in This PC

Hi George,

I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check the behavior.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue with Windows Explorer. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Files in File Explorer are not selected

How to not separate pictures and videos in File Explorer?

Hi.

If Date Modified doesn't show on the options when you choose Sort by, we suggest that you perform this steps:

• In File Explorer, select the folder you want to have changes with.
    • Right-click and select Sort by.
    • Select More, then check if the Date modified option has a check mark.
    • Click OK, then try to perform again the steps provided by Acelyn Alc.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rachelle Gra, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Files in File Explorer are not selected

1. Files in File Explorer are not selected - Similar Threads - Files File Explorer

2. Can't select multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't select multiple files in file explorer: Hi, I have an issue where I can't select multiple files in file explorer. This problem only occurs in the small window that web browsers give you to upload a file to a website. I also can't select a time range by clicking the titleex: all the files i downloaded today,...
  3. Can't select multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't select multiple files in file explorer: Hi, I have an issue where I can't select multiple files in file explorer. This problem only occurs in the small window that web browsers give you to upload a file to a website. I also can't select a time range by clicking the titleex: all the files i downloaded today,...
  4. Can't select multiple files in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  6. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  7. File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.

File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.: First of all, this is the first time that i write something like this. When I select multiple files in File explorer it crashes. This does not happen immediately though, selecting 2 or 3 files usualy is fine, the crash usualy occurs when i select around 5-7 files or more the...
  8. File Explorer: Selecting contiguous files

File Explorer: Selecting contiguous files: Tested on Lenovo and HP laptops: Windows 10 v1909 & v2004 File Explorers only very occasionally allow<select>+<Shift> to select contiguous files - a procedure which worked in previous OS versions and never officially withdrawn. Single and randomselects, work O.K.....
  9. Selecting a file crashes File Explorer

Selecting a file crashes File Explorer: I have a presentation to do tomorrow. Because I haven't paid for any Microsoft subscriptions, I've made my presentation using Google Slides. However, as a backup, I'm trying to save the file as a .pptx to have on a flashdrive should I not have access to the internet. Thing...
  10. File Explorer crash when selecting files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crash when selecting files: Hi Guys, I have encountered this problem (in thread line) for the past 3-5 days and I have come no closer to any solution during that period of time. Basically, as soon as I left click or right click on a file in Windows Explorer it will crash. My Windows icon in the...