Windows 10: Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve?

Discus and support Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Salim Al Mamun, May 25, 2023.

1. Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve?

Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve?

:)

Salim Al Mamun, May 25, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Files not syncing to OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues not syncing properly with OneDrive.

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps in the article
    Fix OneDrive sync problems
    and check if it works for you.

For more information, you can check the article to
    Sync files with the OneDrive sync client in Windows

If you are still facing the issue, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 25, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve? [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

P4-630, May 25, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, May 25, 2023
Thema:

1. Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve? - Similar Threads - Files OneDrive sync

2. How do I recover a wrongfully synced file on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover a wrongfully synced file on OneDrive?: I've an Excel file in OneDrive which I had edited extensively in my laptop over the past 2 days about 1 man day worth of work. I saved the file yesterday before closing it, checked that it's synced, then went to bed. I loaded up the file today, continued working on it, then...
  3. How do I recover a wrongfully synced file on OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover a wrongfully synced file on OneDrive?: I've an Excel file in OneDrive which I had edited extensively in my laptop over the past 2 days about 1 man day worth of work. I saved the file yesterday before closing it, checked that it's synced, then went to bed. I loaded up the file today, continued working on it, then...
  4. Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve?: Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-in-onedrive-do-not-sync-how-to-resolve/d0ce6dfa-bcda-4e95-aa9d-a4c9973426eb
  5. Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve?: Files in OneDrive do not sync. How to resolve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-in-onedrive-do-not-sync-how-to-resolve/d0ce6dfa-bcda-4e95-aa9d-a4c9973426eb
  6. How do I Sync my files to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I Sync my files to OneDrive?: How do I "Sync" my files to OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sync-my-files-to-onedrive/614fd7f7-4bc2-41c5-a2a7-f9e89919c065
  7. How do I Sync my files to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I Sync my files to OneDrive?: How do I "Sync" my files to OneDrive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-sync-my-files-to-onedrive/614fd7f7-4bc2-41c5-a2a7-f9e89919c065
  8. OneDrive Syncing Files

OneDrive Syncing Files: Hi all, I am wondering if there is a way to stop a group of files for a game from syncing and taking up space on my onedrive without just pausing it. The problem I have with pausing is that some of the files after their initial download are immediately putting some of...
  9. onedrive file syncing

onedrive file syncing: i am unbale to select the folders that can be synced to me onedrive on my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-file-syncing/f968e02e-90f5-4ae7-9b87-135de880fbac"
  10. Files not syncing to OneDrive

Files not syncing to OneDrive: I have recently run into some issues with my files that I edit on my Mac not syncing to my computer and overdrive.com account properly. I have chatted with Microsoft agents, let them remote control my computer, and still no help! The last agent even started a new OneDrive...