Windows 10: Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll

Discus and support Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I click on a photo file .png, .jpg, .jpeg in a random location in a file folder, when I continue viewing by clicking next, instead of going to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by K_Wi, Sep 1, 2022.

1. K_Wi Win User

Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll

When I click on a photo file .png, .jpg, .jpeg in a random location in a file folder, when I continue viewing by clicking next, instead of going to the next photo in the file, it will start at the first file in the folder and go from there. The files are organized by name order, and this is the only file with this issue. Is there a fix to this besides selecting the section of photos I'd like to view and opening it in the viewer? Let me know if anything is unclear or if you have questions. Thanks!Note: it's possible it may be the images themselves, as I moved the image files from a gaming fol

:)

K_Wi, Sep 1, 2022
  2. ARC1020 Win User

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

That's also covered in the link I posted. If you change the sort order of a folder in Windows File Explorer and then open one of the photos with Windows Photo Viewer, it will then display the photos from that folder by that order as you scroll though them.

Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll [​IMG]

You can also type *.jpg in the Windows File Explorer search box to just show jpg files in Windows Photo Viewer for that folder for example.

ARC1020, Sep 1, 2022
  3. cheeesus Win User
    How to bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, none of the above answers worked for me, but they pointed me in the right direction.

1. Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    2. In the dialog, scroll down and click on More apps, then `Look for another app on this PC.
    3. Then, at the bottom right, choose All Files (*.*) instead of Programs (*.exe ...), then navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer and choose PhotoViewer.dll.
    4. Photo Viewer opens. Close it.
    5. Repeat Step 1: Right-click again on the image, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    6. Again scroll down to click on More apps.
    7. Now Windows Photo Viewer appears in the apps list. Choose it and click on Always use this app to open .png files.

Once you did steps 1-4, you don't have to repeat them for other file types. Steps 5-7 should suffice.

cheeesus, Sep 1, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Sep 1, 2022
Thema:

1. Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll - Similar Threads - Files Photo Viewer

2. Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll: When I click on a photo file .png, .jpg, .jpeg in a random location in a file folder, when I continue viewing by clicking next, instead of going to the next photo in the file, it will start at the first file in the folder and go from there. The files are organized by name...
  3. Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files in Photo Viewer Reset Order as I Scroll: When I click on a photo file .png, .jpg, .jpeg in a random location in a file folder, when I continue viewing by clicking next, instead of going to the next photo in the file, it will start at the first file in the folder and go from there. The files are organized by name...
  4. File Viewer plus Order 4389701980 - WHERE IS IT????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Viewer plus Order 4389701980 - WHERE IS IT????: Paid for File Viewer Plus all versions. Cannot use it because I can't find the activation code. AND I cannot find the order on Microsoft's website, nor any means by which to communicate with MS. Help!...
  5. File Viewer plus Order 4389701980 - WHERE IS IT????

File Viewer plus Order 4389701980 - WHERE IS IT????: Paid for File Viewer Plus all versions. Cannot use it because I can't find the activation code. AND I cannot find the order on Microsoft's website, nor any means by which to communicate with MS. Help!...
  6. Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10: 'stock' photo viewer not scrolling photos on external hard drive: Looks like I'm one of the many people having issues with the new photo app in Windows 10 on PC. When we first bought these Dell computers the photo viewer worked like it was supposed to work. After an automatic update it stopped working properly. There are no scroll arrows to...
  7. Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo

Photo Viewer How to mouse scroll to next photo: How do I get the previous Photo Viewer back? The version (yesterday) where I can move to next photo with mouse scroll? Now suddenly (today) without me doing any changes in the app the scroll is zooming the photos. Also the appearance of the app is now different. E.g. the...
  8. Windows Photo Viewer; sorting order not the same as view order

Windows Photo Viewer; sorting order not the same as view order: The Windows Photo Viewer will not display photos in the order they are sorted by Windows Explorer. This is not referring to the slide show feature, just the forward and back arrows. The only order pictures can be viewed is by name despite Windows Explorer being set at view...
  9. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order: I store both RAW (CR2) and JPG versions of all my photos, with each folder sorted by type. Before Windows 10 this allowed me to view all the JPGs without the CR2 (which take longer to load). The new version insists that I view both! How do I restore the original...
  10. Photo file scroll issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Photo file scroll issue: I can't slowly scroll through my files or make it through an entire before the OS returns my page to the first line of photos. It's practically detrimental to my work-flow as I am a photographer. I can't look through my files to choose my next project with the files suddenly...