Windows 10: Files in temporary profile has been lost

Discus and support Files in temporary profile has been lost in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Yesterday i moved my files from the original user to a temporary profile , I did not know that it was temporary and my files willbe lostI kept... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FatimaIsmaeel, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Files in temporary profile has been lost

Hi, Yesterday i moved my files from the original user to a temporary profile , I did not know that it was temporary and my files willbe lostI kept looking for them in the temporary file folder however i could not find themPlease is there any possible way to restore my files from the temporary profile

:)

FatimaIsmaeel, Jan 26, 2022
  2. neilpzz Win User

Lost files in temporary profile

If a Temp user isn't where I suggested then the temp profile isn't present. There could be temporary files in other temp folders though. c:\windows\temp (for example) but if you have used disk cleanup then I would have expected those to have been removed
    already. Have you emptied your recycle bin.

When running disk cleanup then after the first pass scan select system files and look down the list when the scan is complete.

neilpzz, Jan 26, 2022
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Lost files in temporary profile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It must be difficult when things do not work as expected.

I guess you have moved files to temporary User Profile, instead of copying them. Right? Let me confirm that anything like files or folder that you have worked or saved on temporary User Profile will be lost once you come out of
    the Profile. I mean, when you sing-out or restart your PC, those files will be lost.

You can see this temporary User Profile, when system fails to read the User Profile correctly. Restarting your PC will revoke this temporary profile. Hence any files or folder saved on this profile will be wiped away on restarting
    your PC. So, there is no possibility of getting back these files and folders back, since they are removed permanently.

However, check with the following locations to see if you find missing files.

· Check the files in AppData and Temp folders (Press Windows Key + R and type %appdata% and %temp%)

· Check the files in OneDrive folders, make sure PC is connected to the Internet

· Check the files in other drive if available (D:, EFiles in temporary profile has been lost :)

· Check the files in Recycle Bin

If you don't find any files, then it indicates that they are removed permanently from your PC.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Arun B J, Jan 26, 2022
  4. Files in temporary profile has been lost

Lost Files saved in Temporary profile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It must be difficult when things do not work as expected.

A temporary user profile is issued each time an error condition prevents the user's profile from loading. Temporary profiles are deleted at the end of each session, and changes made by the user to their desktop settings and files are lost when the user logs
    off. I suggest you to use any third party application and check if you are able to recover the deleted files.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Usage of Third Party Software are done at your own risk.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jan 26, 2022
Thema:

Files in temporary profile has been lost

1. Files in temporary profile has been lost - Similar Threads - Files temporary profile

2. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile': Most folders and files under c:\users\xxxxx\ is either empty or completely missing. No trace anywhere! This issue is haunting lot of our users. The old fix of restoring through regedit winnt\profilelist doesn't help. I would like to know the root cause of this issue as we...
  3. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile': Most folders and files under c:\users\xxxxx\ is either empty or completely missing. No trace anywhere! This issue is haunting lot of our users. The old fix of restoring through regedit winnt\profilelist doesn't help. I would like to know the root cause of this issue as we...
  4. Temp profile - files and folders lost 'You've been signed in with a temporary profile'

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Lost Download Files in Temporary Profile

Lost Download Files in Temporary Profile: Due to system error I was assigned a temporary profile by windows. While working in the temporary profile, I needed files in my downloads folder, but click on download the folder was empty. Had to go into the C Drive, under my regular user name to access the files. I thought...
  6. Lost Download Files in Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Download Files in Temporary Profile: Due to system error I was assigned a temporary profile by windows. While working in the temporary profile, I needed files in my downloads folder, but click on download the folder was empty. Had to go into the C Drive, under my regular user name to access the files. I thought...
  7. Lost Download Files in Temporary Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Files in temporary profile has been lost

Files in temporary profile has been lost: Hi, Yesterday i moved my files from the original user to a temporary profile , I did not know that it was temporary and my files willbe lostI kept looking for them in the temporary file folder however i could not find themPlease is there any possible way to restore my files...
  9. Files in temporary profile has been lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files in temporary profile has been lost: Hi, Yesterday i moved my files from the original user to a temporary profile , I did not know that it was temporary and my files willbe lostI kept looking for them in the temporary file folder however i could not find themPlease is there any possible way to restore my files...
  10. Temporary Profile - Lost Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Temporary Profile - Lost Files: Please help! I was using my laptop last night and whenI logged in this morning it opened with a temporary profile. I have lost all my files and desktop icons - everything gone. How can I fix this? I'm not that savy when it comes to fixing things though. Thanks!...