Windows 10: Files keep getting corrupted

Discus and support Files keep getting corrupted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to copy my personal music library about 180gb to a 1TB flashdrive using a USB 3 port, and I've tried twice now and both times it says that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jfer1, Apr 11, 2021.

1. jfer1 Win User

Files keep getting corrupted

I'm trying to copy my personal music library about 180gb to a 1TB flashdrive using a USB 3 port, and I've tried twice now and both times it says that the drive is corrupted and unreadable even though there is still something taking up those files when I look at the drive in file explorer. Wondering how to fix this.

:)

jfer1, Apr 11, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Can VGA BIOS get corrupted?

VGA BIOS's can certainly get corrupt... although im not sure whether its possible to while ur loading stuff... i woulda thought its main "danger" time would either be flashing the BIOS (obviously its most dangerous time) or while the card is at its peak of booting from the BIOS (doubt that'd corrupt it though........)

my recommendation would b if TPU has ur cards bios in there database.. try downloading it & get some software (either a TPU article or a google seach will find enough info) to flash it 2 ur card...

i cant guarantee that this is the problem.. but if it were me.. these are steps i'd probably take...
    or u can wait for some other suggestions...

Firedomain, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Files keep getting corrupted

Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Files keep getting corrupted

1. Files keep getting corrupted - Similar Threads - Files keep getting

2. Why do i keep getting corrupted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do i keep getting corrupted files?: Hello,I got since while ago corrupted files error, i did a sfc and it said “found corrupted files, details are included in the CBS log file..etcSo i tried every single method to solve that without having to reset my pc and delete everything.But none of the methodes worked and...
  3. Why do i keep getting corrupted files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do i keep getting corrupted files?: Hello,I got since while ago corrupted files error, i did a sfc and it said “found corrupted files, details are included in the CBS log file..etcSo i tried every single method to solve that without having to reset my pc and delete everything.But none of the methodes worked and...
  4. Windows files keep getting corrupted after a couple hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows files keep getting corrupted after a couple hours.: Hey there! Ever since a couple of days ago my computer started acting up randomly closing programs and crashing apps. Every time it does that I run sfc /scannow and theres always issues. After it fixes files I reboot and do the command again and it says they didn’t find any...
  5. Windows files keep getting corrupted after a couple hours.

Windows files keep getting corrupted after a couple hours.: Hey there! Ever since a couple of days ago my computer started acting up randomly closing programs and crashing apps. Every time it does that I run sfc /scannow and theres always issues. After it fixes files I reboot and do the command again and it says they didn’t find any...
  6. Files keep getting corrupted on a particular hard disk partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files keep getting corrupted on a particular hard disk partition?: I got a new laptop about two weeks ago, and I created a partition on the hard drive. Since then, whatever programs I install on that drive, their files keep getting corrupted and I don't know the reason. I tried everything from formatting the partition to deleting and...
  7. Files keep getting corrupted on a particular hard disk partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files keep getting corrupted on a particular hard disk partition?: I got a new laptop about two weeks ago, and I created a partition on the hard drive. Since then, whatever programs I install on that drive, their files keep getting corrupted and I don't know the reason. I tried everything from formatting the partition to deleting and...
  8. Files keep getting corrupted on a particular hard disk partition?

9. how to get corrupted files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to get corrupted files: how to get corrupted files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-get-corrupted-files/2cc2da1f-759c-4cb2-b661-a0521657607d
  10. Why do my files keep getting corrupt?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why do my files keep getting corrupt?: So every couple of months I seem to have a problem... Something acting a bit weird, or my whole computer is amazingly slow, etc.. So I usually go for chkdsk /f /r and sfc /scannow Now when running sfc, I ALWAYS seem to have some corrupt files? Now all I really do is...