Windows 10: Files keep reappearing after deleting

Discus and support Files keep reappearing after deleting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I delete a file, it appears to be fine, but not long after it reappears on desktop again, along with older deleted files. Permanent deletion won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DraterDecriotz, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Files keep reappearing after deleting

When I delete a file, it appears to be fine, but not long after it reappears on desktop again, along with older deleted files. Permanent deletion won't work either. How do I fix this issue?

:)

DraterDecriotz, Jan 8, 2021

2. Reappearing files I deleted

Hi Aleander,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to delete the folder and check if it's reappear.

• Open the Command prompt with admin (Windows +x and select Command prompt).

• In the command prompt, type the command below and press enter.

NOTE: Substitute
        Full Path of Folder within quotes below with your folder's full path within quotes instead.

RD /S /Q "Full Path of Folder".

• The folder should now be deleted.

• Close the command prompt.
    Please reply to us with the status of the issue and check if it helps.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Reappearing deleted files

Under what circumstances do the files reappear?

• After a reboot?
    • At a fixed time?
    • When you do something specific?
    • At random?

Frederik Long, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Files keep reappearing after deleting

Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program

Hi Mayzhin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may not be able to completely delete a file/ folder if it is being used. I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in
    resolve folder reappearing after deletion and check
    if it works.

You may also go through repair Windows file and folder
    problems
    and check.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Files keep reappearing after deleting

1. Files keep reappearing after deleting - Similar Threads - Files keep reappearing

2. File keeps reappearing even after deletion in the system registry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File keeps reappearing even after deletion in the system registry: I was working with the system registry, trying to solve a problem by deleting a particular file, however the problem persisted so when i checked the registry again, the file was still in place after its deletion. I deleted it again but the problem still continued even after...
  3. File keeps reappearing even after deletion in the system registry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File keeps reappearing even after deletion in the system registry: I was working with the system registry, trying to solve a problem by deleting a particular file, however the problem persisted so when i checked the registry again, the file was still in place after its deletion. I deleted it again but the problem still continued even after...
  4. File keeps reappearing even after deletion in the system registry

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bug: Deleted desktop files keep reappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bug: Deleted desktop files keep reappearing: Hi, this particular Windows 10 bug has been persistent for almost 2 years. If I delete a file on my desktop, it will go inside the recycle bin, as usual. But when I open a fullscreen program, the file will reappear on the desktop again. Only when I refresh the desktop with...
  6. Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Keeps Reappearing after Deletion!: I've installed MS Flight Simulator 2020 on a separate SSD (Z:) which I managed to configure correctly on the second attempt. For some reason there is an empty Program Files folder containing an empty ModifiableWindowsApps folder. I deleted the Program Files folder by taking...
  7. Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted desktop files keep reappearing after deletion: Hi, if i delete a file, folder, .rar, etc. from my desktop and open a game, or program, the file keeps reappearing on the desktop. If i press F5 on the desktop it disappears, but it's very annoying to be pressing F5 the hole time and if i try to delete the file it tells me...
  8. Reappearing directories and files after permanently deleting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reappearing directories and files after permanently deleting: I've been trying to delete several folders and their files in Windows 10. I'm using using the "permanently delete" function. They keep reappearing. Could it be one-drive? What do I have to do the keep them gone?...
  9. Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving

Files and folders reappear after deleting or moving: I have 2 places on my Windows 10 machine where folders reappear after being moved or deleted. The pictures folder and download folders have been moved from the small SSD C drive to the larger D drive. Several folders in the picture folders return to their original place...
  10. Deleted MSG files saved to Desktop keep reappearing

Deleted MSG files saved to Desktop keep reappearing: Message files (.msg) that are permanently deleted from my Desktop folder continue to reappear after refreshing the desktop, restarting explorer.exe, etc. In case it's relevant, I'm working in a corporate domain environment with automated backups running on a schedule. The...