Windows 10: Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

Discus and support Files Keep Saving as Encrypted in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Lenovo Thinkpad E531, Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 After the Windows 10 v1903 update, new files are automatically being saved as encrypted (with gold lock... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mel2000, Aug 29, 2019.

1. mel2000 Win User

Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

Lenovo Thinkpad E531, Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903

After the Windows 10 v1903 update, new files are automatically being saved as encrypted (with gold lock icon in the upper-right corner), except for those created directly on the desktop.

- If I remove the encryption per file or globally, I can no longer save the file to my desktop ("access denied").
    - I used a reg file to "Take Ownership" of the file and the Desktop folder. That usually fixes any "access denied" issues, but not in this case.
    - If I restore the file's encryption, I can save it to my desktop again.
    - Encryption noticeably slows down file saving.

Is there a way to remove the automatic encryption without being prevented from saving files to the desktop? Any troubleshooting ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

mel2000, Aug 29, 2019

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Aug 29, 2019
  3. encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

1. Files Keep Saving as Encrypted - Similar Threads - Files Keep Saving

2. [Solved] Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Solved] Files Keep Saving as Encrypted: Lenovo Thinkpad E531, Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 After the Windows 10 v1903 update, new files are automatically being saved as encrypted (with gold lock icon in the upper-right corner), except for those created directly on the desktop. If I remove the encryption per file or...
  3. Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Keep Saving as Encrypted: Lenovo Thinkpad E531, Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 After the Windows 10 v1903 update, new files are automatically being saved as encrypted (with gold lock icon in the upper-right corner), except for those created directly on the desktop. If I remove the encryption per file or...
  4. File Encryption

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Encryption: I have Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and I recently reset my PC. I stored all my backup files in my hard drive but the problem is that I can't transfer or even extract all of my files because it's encrypted. It has this icon of a padlock, I tried to do all the steps to remove...
  5. Unity Save Data Encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unity Save Data Encryption: Some games I play made in unity, they do their save files in text format, but the text is encrypted in seemingly random letters, numbers, and capped with one or two = signs. There are quite a few that already made ways to cheat at games using trainers and even cheat engine,...
  6. my files are encrypted!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my files are encrypted!!!!: i go to open any of my files on my computer and everything is encryptid??? smh?? please help! thanks this computer is new I have a bunch of files saved in it and like my one drive and three of my iPhone backed up.... my girlfriend had a SanDisk usb thumb drive and I put it...
  7. Forza files encrypted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza files encrypted: Hello guys, i just moved to Windows 10 few days ago in my two PCs. First i installed Forza to my main computer and some days after tried to copy/paste the folder from PC1 to PC2 instead of redownloading whole thing. There i encountered my first problem, Forza files are all...
  8. File and Folder encryption

File and Folder encryption: I want to enable file and folder encryption in Windows 10. The encryption enabling check box in advanced options is grayed-out. The system will not allow me to change the value at NftsDisableEncryption DWORD. The value is set at zero, which I think means encryption is...
  9. File encryption fails?

File encryption fails?: Hallo friends, I tried to encrypt a file located in my Dropbox account. I went to File->Properties->General->Advanced->Encrypt contents to secure data. After I did what I did, the file had a golden locker icon attached on it. I opened my other laptop and after Dropbox...
  10. Random File Encryption

Random File Encryption: Hi guys, just joined because I'm having W10 issues. My computer started to randomly encrypt files, where I would have to manually decrypt them via the properties. Only issue now is that it says I have no admin rights, whereas before it was decrypting fine.... Here is my...