Windows 10: Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

Discus and support Files Keep Saving as Encrypted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Lenovo Thinkpad E531, Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 After the Windows 10 v1903 update, new files are automatically being saved as encrypted (with gold... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mellaws, Aug 29, 2019.

1. mellaws Win User

Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

Lenovo Thinkpad E531, Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903

After the Windows 10 v1903 update, new files are automatically being saved as encrypted (with gold lock icon in the upper-right corner), except for those created directly on the desktop. If I remove the encryption per file or globally, I can no longer save the file to my desktop ("access denied".

- I used a reg file to "Take Ownership" of the file and the Desktop folder. That usually fixes any "access denied" issues, but not in this case.
    - If I restore the file's encryption, I can save it to my desktop again.
    - Encryption noticeably slows down file saving

Is there a way to remove the automatic encryption without being prevented from saving files to the desktop? Any troubleshooting ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

:)

mellaws, Aug 29, 2019

2. Windows XP file encryption

LOL thanks, I think its standard windows XP file encryption

troyrae360, Aug 29, 2019
  3. encrypted files

Hi Iman,

Error message 0x80071771 means that you need to restore the file encryption key in order for you to decrypt the encrypted files. On the other hand, you can still try these steps and see if it will work:

• Right-click the file or folder that you want to decrypt.
    • Click File ownership and click Personal.

Feel free to contact us if you need assistance with Windows.

Dennis Mop, Aug 29, 2019
  4. Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

Windows XP file encryption

My suggestion to you is to look into what kind of encryption the program used, and look for a way to break that type of encryption. Sorry I can't say a specific program for sure.

Hybrid_theory, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

1. Files Keep Saving as Encrypted - Similar Threads - Files Keep Saving

2. Encrypting a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Encrypting a file: I tried this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-encrypt-a-file-1131805c-47b8-2e3e-a705-807e13c10da7But after I encrypted a file and then sent it to another computer, it can be opened directly as if it was not encrypted.Why?Is it encrypted on my disk only?How...
  3. Encrypting a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypting a file: I tried this. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-encrypt-a-file-1131805c-47b8-2e3e-a705-807e13c10da7But after I encrypted a file and then sent it to another computer, it can be opened directly as if it was not encrypted.Why?Is it encrypted on my disk only?How...
  4. Encrypted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Encrypted files: My windows drive got damaged and i had to reload windows. Now i cant open my encrypted files and cant install the certificate. It says the file is invalid for use as the following. Personal Information Exchange. Is there something i can do about it....
  5. File Encryption

File Encryption: I was encrypting files on my laptop which has windows 10 however, I had accidentally stopped the encryption and after I checked I lost almost all of my files. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-encryption/bf1d6484-d95a-4c54-8fe3-80d605a2e0b4
  6. Saved Microsoft Excel File Not Encrypted in the Encrypted Folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Saved Microsoft Excel File Not Encrypted in the Encrypted Folder: When a *.xls excel file is saved in a encrypted folder the file is not automatically encrypted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saved-microsoft-excel-file-not-encrypted-in-the/c6b97419-6ce9-42e5-b449-4fc493672984
  7. Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypting File System, You are encrypting a file or trying to access an encrypted file...: I do not use a smart card. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/encrypting-file-system-you-are-encrypting-a-file/a56f8b42-45e4-4d23-a119-5b4ee55f305e"
  8. [Solved] Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

[Solved] Files Keep Saving as Encrypted: Lenovo Thinkpad E531, Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 After the Windows 10 v1903 update, new files are automatically being saved as encrypted (with gold lock icon in the upper-right corner), except for those created directly on the desktop. If I remove the encryption per file or...
  9. Files Keep Saving as Encrypted

in Windows 10 Support
    Files Keep Saving as Encrypted: Lenovo Thinkpad E531, Windows 10 Pro x64 v1903 After the Windows 10 v1903 update, new files are automatically being saved as encrypted (with gold lock icon in the upper-right corner), except for those created directly on the desktop. - If I remove the encryption per file or...
  10. Unity Save Data Encryption

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unity Save Data Encryption: Some games I play made in unity, they do their save files in text format, but the text is encrypted in seemingly random letters, numbers, and capped with one or two = signs. There are quite a few that already made ways to cheat at games using trainers and even cheat engine,...