Windows 10: Files left after Game apps uninstalled

Discus and support Files left after Game apps uninstalled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi allMy laptop came with the Candy Crush Saga and Cooking Fever apps installedI uninstalled them recentlyHowever TreeSize shows that there are files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by vmelling, May 30, 2021.

1. vmelling Win User

Files left after Game apps uninstalled

Hi allMy laptop came with the Candy Crush Saga and Cooking Fever apps installedI uninstalled them recentlyHowever TreeSize shows that there are files from these apps in the WindowsApps folder taking up nearly 1GB I can't delete them myself - they appear to be owned by SYSTEMAny ideas for getting rid of them?Many Thanks, Vincent

:)

vmelling, May 30, 2021
  2. WiIfred P Win User

UNINSTALL GAMES FROM MICROSOFT

Hi Calaird,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. I understand your concern about Uninstalling games.

Reference:

If you installed your game from the Microsoft Store, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select All Apps, and then find your game in the list.

3. Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the steps to uninstall the game.

5. To reinstall your game, open the Store app, and then select the profile button.

6. Select My Library.

7. Locate your game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

If you installed your game from a location other than the Microsoft Store, such as a DVD or external storage device, follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.

2. Select Settings, and then in the search bar, type “Programs and features.”

3. Select Programs and Features from the search results.

4. Highlight your game in the list of available programs and apps.

5. If your game supports repair, Repair will appear as an option above the list of games. Select this option to access the in-game repair process. Alternatively, some games support repair via the Uninstall/Change options. If you don't see "Repair," select Uninstall
    or Change from the available options and check to see if the game supports repair.

I hope my suggestions help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, May 30, 2021
  3. microsoft game apps CAN'T uninstall

Hi Gloria,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Which are the games you would like to remove?
    • Do you get any error message when you try to uninstall?
    Example: Microsoft solitaire collection is the game which comes preinstalled with Windows 10. Follow the below steps to remove/uninstall the Microsoft solitaire collection from the Windows 10.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.
    • Click on System.
    • Click on Apps and features from the system settings menu.
    • Locate and click on the Microsoft solitaire collection
      from the list of apps installed under the Apps and features.
    • Click on Uninstall. (click on Uninstall if any window prompts)
    By following the above steps, you may remove/uninstall any app/game which comes preinstalled with Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 30, 2021
  4. Files left after Game apps uninstalled

Windows 10 Game Apps

Based on the error you've received, this seems to be due to corrupted Store cache. We suggest manually resetting the Store app from the Settings menu. Here are the steps:

• Click Start, then Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the Store app, then click Reset.
    • Click Reset again to confirm.
    • Restart your device so that the changes will take effect. Sign in to the app. Launch the game and check if the same issue occurs.

We also recommend accessing the game from the Start menu. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon in the lower-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list. Check if you encounter the same issue.

We also recommend signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user profile. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Restart the game to see if it works correctly.

If you don't have a different user profile, kindly perform the steps provided on this link

Catherine Cus., May 30, 2021
Thema:

Files left after Game apps uninstalled

1. Files left after Game apps uninstalled - Similar Threads - Files left Game

2. 4oGB of data are left on my system after uninstalling a game pass game.,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4oGB of data are left on my system after uninstalling a game pass game.,: It has been a known issue for at least 2 years and it hasn't been fixed. Even an application like windirstat can't detect them which is ridiculous. The drive properties menu is telling me that I have used 195GB of data, but windirstat can only find 140. Do I really have to...
  3. 4oGB of data are left on my system after uninstalling a game pass game.,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4oGB of data are left on my system after uninstalling a game pass game.,: It has been a known issue for at least 2 years and it hasn't been fixed. Even an application like windirstat can't detect them which is ridiculous. The drive properties menu is telling me that I have used 195GB of data, but windirstat can only find 140. Do I really have to...
  4. Do I delete left over files after uninstalling Flash Player?

Do I delete left over files after uninstalling Flash Player?: Flash Player seems to be uninstalled from my pc but it is still showing in the Control Panel and there are files showing as you can see in the screenshot below. Can these files be deleted? Will it still be showing in the Control Panel? [img] 171592
  5. AV has left files in Cortana's Icon cache after uninstall

AV has left files in Cortana's Icon cache after uninstall: I wanted to give Kaspersky free edition a look over on my Windows 10 machine, but have decided on another course and uninstalled it. Or at least I thought I had uninstalled it, since a search of 'kaspersky' reveals there are still some files in...
  6. AV has left files in Cortana's Iconcache after uninstall

AV has left files in Cortana's Iconcache after uninstall: I wanted to give Kaspersky free edition a look over on my Windows 10 machine, but have decided on another course and uninstalled it. Or at least I thought I had uninstalled it, since a search of 'kaspersky' reveals there are still some files in...
  7. Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation: Needing more space on C:, I discovered three folders under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ containing various versions of Candy Crush Saga, totalling 600 MB. No Candy Crush-type apps are found under Apps & Features. Trying to delete the folders fails because they are owned by...
  8. Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation

in Windows 10 Support
    Zombie CandyCrushSaga folders left after uninstallation: Needing more space on C:, I discovered three folders under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ containing various versions of Candy Crush Saga, totalling 600 MB. No Candy Crush-type apps are found under Apps & Features. Trying to delete the folders fails because they are owned by...
  9. Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall

Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall: Hi .... wish to remove OneDrive from fresh install W10..... have uninstalled it from inside Control Panel but am unnerved to find a OneDrive folder lurking in my username folder, which contains some 10GB predominantly a clone of my Desktop ... please, please could someone...
  10. uninstalling apps&games

uninstalling apps&games: hi, I really have a problem with uninstalling an app, because its not a program that I can find in my control panel and when I found out about that I searched in Microsoft store so could I find anything to uninstall it but there isn't anything like an install bottom, whyyy?...