Windows 10: Files locked can access.

Discus and support Files locked can access. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a group of moulding files I use in AutoCAD. For some reason, a few cannot be opened, copied, etc. I notice they have a little padlock in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CalypsoArt, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Files locked can access.

I have a group of moulding files I use in AutoCAD. For some reason, a few cannot be opened, copied, etc. I notice they have a little padlock in the icon. There is nothing special about these files, and I have no idea how they became locked and no idea how to remove it. I've played around in the permissions to see if I could unlock them but no go.

Files locked can access. [​IMG]

:)

CalypsoArt, Jul 24, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User

Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      Files locked can access. [​IMG]
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

DRDNA, Jul 24, 2019
  3. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Files locked can access.

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

Files locked can access.

1. Files locked can access. - Similar Threads - Files locked access

2. How can I open files that are locked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I open files that are locked?: I cannot open some files. There is a folder icon that appears with the file name. What is this folder about and how can this be removed and open the files? Please see image below:...
  3. How can I open files that are locked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I open files that are locked?: I cannot open some files. There is a folder icon that appears with the file name. What is this folder about and how can this be removed and open the files? Please see image below:...
  4. Access to locked pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to locked pc: Hello, recently I just tried to test lock my pc with Microsoft account and when I locked it from device section in my dashboard, after that I'm not able to log in to windows, Even my Microsoft account's password don't work!and when I enter my password, I get this message:An...
  5. Access to locked pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to locked pc: Hello, recently I just tried to test lock my pc with Microsoft account and when I locked it from device section in my dashboard, after that I'm not able to log in to windows, Even my Microsoft account's password don't work!and when I enter my password, I get this message:An...
  6. can`t access the update file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can`t access the update file: Moi can`t access the update file Tuollaista herjaa kun yritän päivittää thrustmaster T1600M FCS-ohjaimen ajureita. Voitteko auttaa? Kiitos. That's a slay when I try to update the thrustmaster T1600M FCS Controller drivers. Can you help? Thank you....
  7. How to access a locked file in WindowsApps Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to access a locked file in WindowsApps Windows 10: I need to be able to access the file 'ForzaHorizon4.exe' image below but it has a little yellow lock on it, and when I double click on it, it says 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. ' I...
  8. Can not get access to a file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not get access to a file.: I am trying to read this file: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Input\Saitek_X52_Flight_Cont rol_System.xml I took possession of the folder, but the system denies my taking possession of the files in it. I read somewhere that...
  9. how to access lock screen image files

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to access lock screen image files: Hello, A long time ago, I set a nice photo as my lock screen. After a few years, I don't have that photo anymore, and I'd like to download the lock screen image so I can use it as a wallpaper somewhere else. Is there a file path to access the image? This image is not...
  10. Access denied , Files locked.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access denied , Files locked.: Hello , So i have this very very old hdd and i am looking for an AMV video i did yeaaars ago. It may be somewhere inside it , but when i try to look at some files i can't cause they are locked. Tried Iobit , tied to unlock them (uncheck the encrypted property) , but i can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot see in files in ipcas 2.0 access denied ?