Windows 10: Files Locked for editing by "another user". But no one has the file open.

Discus and support Files Locked for editing by "another user". But no one has the file open. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, files shared by a smll group of 6 people are constantly locked for editing because they are open by another user. however, no one has the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DianaTorrez, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Files Locked for editing by "another user". But no one has the file open.

Recently, files shared by a smll group of 6 people are constantly locked for editing because they are open by another user. however, no one has the file open and we are forced to restart the host computer to allow access. This just started about 3 weeks ago and it has become a big problem. I was hoping a microsoft update would fix it, but the last one did not.

Thanks!

Tom

:)

DianaTorrez, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Jul 16, 2019
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Files Locked for editing by "another user".   But no one has the file open. :)

jaydeee, Jul 16, 2019
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Files Locked for editing by "another user". But no one has the file open.

AutoCAD 2012 Locks Up When Opened

This problem randomly began yesterday, I tried to open a DWG file to edit and it opened, but when I tried to do anything the program froze. I tried opening it on another computer and the same exact thing happened. But what confuses me is that my AutoCAD seems to have a problem in general now. If I even just open the program and not a drawing, that locks up as well. I've tried reinstalling and this doesn't fix the issue.

I'm not sure how many AutoCAD users there are on the forum here but if anyone has a suggestion I'm open to it.

OrbitzXT, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Files Locked for editing by "another user". But no one has the file open.

1. Files Locked for editing by "another user". But no one has the file open. - Similar Threads - Files Locked editing

2. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  3. Copying files from one user account to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying files from one user account to another: I am trying to copy the user account files from one user account to another user account both admin accounts. I am using the hidden Administrator account to do this, but when I copy the files from one account and attempt to paste them into the public account while logged into...
  4. File is locked for editing by "another user"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File is locked for editing by "another user": Users reported that files are locked for editing by "another user", but actually no one is using those files.We are using the NetApp OnTapp File server and they said that it is not a storage issue.How can we solve the issue?...
  5. Transferring files from one user to another

in Windows 10 Customization
    Transferring files from one user to another: I original set up windows under an account/email that has since be closed. I want to transfer all my files currently on the old user account to my new user account but can't seem to figure this out. Is there a way I can move my files, apps, and setting that are on the old...
  6. Using File History to restore files from one user to another

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using File History to restore files from one user to another: I want to restore one user's files to another user. I added the new user and went to File History. I had the choice, with a check box, to restore files from all the users on the backup drive. That's exactly what I wanted. I selected the user whose files I wanted. But...
  7. open office file is locked by unknown user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    open office file is locked by unknown user: how to unlock open office file when it is locked by unknown user. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-office-file-is-locked-by-unknown-user/cf3be72e-7158-4b75-960d-45fb799c854e
  8. File is open in system / locked for editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File is open in system / locked for editing: I'm sorry if this is not categorized correctly as there were several ways I could think of to categorize it give him the drop-down options asking this question :-). I have a simple home style network setup with Windows 10 running on the machine that is sharing the drive....
  9. File permissions for another user

in Windows 10 Support
    File permissions for another user: The situation is this; the pc administrator has financial folders and files that she has full permission to access, write, change, delete, backup etc. there is another user whom she needs to give permission to access the folder and files but with read only permission. How...
  10. The document is locked for editing by another user problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    The document is locked for editing by another user problem: Hi all I have a problem where one of our users cannot always see the name of another user that currently has a file open that they also want to edit. When the user receives the message "The document is locked for editing by another user" if the message displays the username...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locked for editing but no one is editing it

2. locked for editing by another user but no one is in it

3. locked for editing by another user no one is in it