Windows 10: Files lost in copying

Discus and support Files lost in copying in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All! I recently bought a new computer and is trying to copy all my old files to the new computer. After copying, I checked the folder properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ing ChukChia, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Files lost in copying

Hi All!

I recently bought a new computer and is trying to copy all my old files to the new computer.

After copying, I checked the folder properties and realized that the number of files and folder size is very much reduced.

I can understand if folder size is reduced but I cannot understand how number of files can be different.

Appreciate some advice.

:)

Ing ChukChia, Mar 23, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 23, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Files lost in copying

Delicieuxz, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Files lost in copying

1. Files lost in copying - Similar Threads - Files lost copying

2. Copy and Paste lost in Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copy and Paste lost in Pictures Folder: The copy and paste function recently disappeared from my pictures folder. The function is grayed out when I open the pictures folder to paste copied photos. I have always been able to copy from Word documents, Power Point screens, emails, Internet, etc. The functionality was...
  3. Copying Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copying Files: Hi, I started copying a single file from drive 1 to drive 2, it was copying at 200MB/s give or take. Then I started copying another file from Drive 1 to drive 3, and both are copying at 40MB/s. Why does copying 2 files cut the total traffic by 60% ? I can understand both...
  4. Copying files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files: Good Day, When copying multiple files usually I do it in ctrl+A, and transferring it to another, is there an option where I can only paste new files and not the same files that are already there without transferring the new ones one by one? e.g. I Copied all1500 folders...
  5. Lost ability to copy/paste into browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost ability to copy/paste into browser: I can no longer copy and paste from Word, Excel or PowerPoint into a browser (Chrome, Edge or Firefox) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-ability-to-copypaste-into-browser/30f624f0-fa96-47a8-b87e-9cb988f0b0d5
  6. copying files

copying files: How do I transfer music files to my linked phone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files/883dd539-1427-418a-b163-426df9d620fd"
  7. Copying Files

Copying Files: There is something I observed while bulk copying : The copy speed while backing up 100s of GB of data from one Hard Drive to back-up drive. I wonder it is a problem of windows or a problem in my system? When I, say copying a smaller amount of data (for example 30-40 GB...
  8. Copying Files

Copying Files: How can I copy user files from one PC to another? I have given myself permissions to the user folder on the old PC and shared the folders out but I can't access them from the new PC....
  9. Copying files

in Windows 10 Support
    Copying files: I have a flash drive with many mp3's on it, however they are split up into various folders. How can I copy all mp3's to my fixed disc without the directories, ie just copy the mp3's without having to access each individual directory. TIA, Mike 83198
  10. lost right click copy option for pinned files on the task bar

in Windows 10 Support
    lost right click copy option for pinned files on the task bar: It worked at first, but changed after a few days. Looks like the whole menu changed Thanks Gary 52067

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i lost a new directory i was copying to