Windows 10: Files missing after install of latest Windows 10 update 11-14-19

Discus and support Files missing after install of latest Windows 10 update 11-14-19 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; last nite I noticed the pc needed an update so when I was done I told it to shut down and install update and went to bed. this morning I turned on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 70Cudas, Nov 15, 2019.

1. 70Cudas Win User

Files missing after install of latest Windows 10 update 11-14-19

last nite I noticed the pc needed an update so when I was done I told it to shut down and install update and went to bed. this morning I turned on the pc and the computer was reset back to new. desktop pic was changed back to original Microsoft. all desktop files were gone, documents, pictures everything was empty. lost firefox & Chrome browsers and EDGE saved web info. went to control panel-uninstall programs and there were 2 updates installed. I opened edge and went to Microsoft support chat and couldn't log in since I cant remember the password since it was saved in previous edge and didn't keep any of the settings, so no help there. so I went back and uninstalled the first update and it removed both updates then the pc reset back and everything came back.

NOW the update is going to happen again so now what? Im going to save everything on a zip drive but all my browser info cant be saved and I will loose all that so im going to save a screenshot of all that so it will help me redo it when the pc resets, again! SO WHY ISNT ALL OF THIS BEING SAVED IN THE UPDATE? WHY IS THE CONSUMER STILL ALWAYS LEFT WITH HAVING TO DEAL WITH THIS SINCE WIN95? THIS IS REDICULOUS AND FRUSTRATES US! EVERYTIME THIS HAPPENS ON A RESET ALL I WANT TO DO IS GO BUY A MAC!

So what do we do microsoft?

:)

70Cudas, Nov 15, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 15, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 15, 2019
  4. Files missing after install of latest Windows 10 update 11-14-19

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

Files missing after install of latest Windows 10 update 11-14-19

1. Files missing after install of latest Windows 10 update 11-14-19 - Similar Threads - Files missing install

2. Missing files after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing files after latest update: I'm missing a folder which contained after effects files. It's just gone since I updated two days ago. I think this is update kb4551762 Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips on what to do? (If anything) I'm pretty worried other stuff is gone too, I have my important...
  3. Hello, I allowed windows update to install the latest update back on 11/20/19, since the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hello, I allowed windows update to install the latest update back on 11/20/19, since the...: Hello, I allowed windows update to install the latest update back on 11/20/19, since the update, I am unable to sign in to the computer, I cannot get past the sign in page which states that i have no internet, despite being connected via ethernet & wifi, all my other...
  4. SSD partition lock following Windows Update (11-14-19)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD partition lock following Windows Update (11-14-19): A customer brought a Lenovo E580 into our shop last week that wouldn't boot windows 10 after a windows update failed to install. HDD Info: Mushkin Source SSD 1tb On boot, the Windows 10 loading screen appears, sits for roughly 15 minutes and then BSOD with an "Unknown...
  5. keyboard not working since Thursday 11/14/19

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not working since Thursday 11/14/19: My wireless keyboard 850 has stopped working. I bought new batteries thinking they may need replacing, but it turns out it is not the batteries. When I remove the batteries and put them back in, the keyboard green light comes up and quickly switches off. The funny thing is...
  6. Windows 10 updates dated 9/14/19

Windows 10 updates dated 9/14/19: Today, 9/24/19, my PC automatically downloaded (as usual) two Windows 10 updates and one Security update, all dated 9/14/19. I'm a bit confused by the 10 day difference, but that's not the issue. In a nutshell, after these updates were installed, I practically fainted when...
  7. Recent (14/09/19) Windows 10 install

Recent (14/09/19) Windows 10 install: Canon MP560 'Driver is unavailable' before and after download of driver from Canon. I am attempting to print a document and have found it necessary to discard OneNote because it is shown as the printing option together with HP ePrint....
  8. i just updated on 9/14/19

i just updated on 9/14/19: i cannot access email, calendar, pictures, feedback to Microsoft. I can open the app store, but that has not been any help. I have the latest update (which seems to be the source of the problem) What do i do now????...
  9. After Windows 10 Latest update Nvidia is missing

After Windows 10 Latest update Nvidia is missing: NVIDIA Geforce 940MX graphic drivers not working after latest windows 10 update. The option in right click mouse is also missing. I tried these settings in device manager Driver Update, Disable devices & Uninstall device. No change after this. when go to services.msc and...
  10. Large increase in network latency after latest update (11/14/2018)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Large increase in network latency after latest update (11/14/2018): After the latest update (today, Nov 14 2018) my network latency seems to have gone through the roof. I am a composer and music producer who uses several computers to run virtual instruments that send audio data over my LAN. The machines had been running fine but they did an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 11/14/19 windows update