Windows 10: Files missing from computer

Discus and support Files missing from computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The other day i was trying to delete items from my external hard drive when explorer started being "buggy". I went into task manager and exit Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Twivey, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Twivey Win User

Files missing from computer

The other day i was trying to delete items from my external hard drive when explorer started being "buggy". I went into task manager and exit Windows explorer, I then started windows explorer back up.

After this, all my files were deleted, my desktop was empty besides the garbage bin. The background was still black. I restarted the computer to see if that's what it needed. Once the computer restarted, my original desktop background came back, but nothing else. The strange thing is all my apps are still on the computer and working, (Photoshop, Google Chrome etc.), and all the computer folders are there (e.g. My study folder, my wifes study folder, our photos folders etc.) even the folders that were inside these folders were still there, but all the files were missing.

There's also some issues with the search indexing. Certain things aren't coming up on search in the windows menu. (e.g. command prompt, battery options, task manager) even my apps that are in the windows menu THAT ARE WORKING are not showing up in the search. Windows menu search is however, still finding my study folders etc.

What can i do to get my files back?

:)

Twivey, Jan 2, 2019

2. Burning Files To cdr

I tried to drag a .txt file to the burn list, as suggested above, but it will not drop in. I get a message "+add to burn list" but I cannot get it to drop into the burn list. Is there another step I am missing?

CathleenBaker, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Files missing from computer

Missing file after failed restore. Error:rtl100.bpl missing

Hi Marg,

There are several factors that can contribute to issue your facing with doing a restore for you Windows 10 computer. This could be caused by missing update components or corrupted system files. For us to resolve your concern with the programs not opening
    and just showing an error, kindly answer the questions below:

• Was the error message showing up on just a specific program you attempted to launch or is it showing up on any program that you attempted to launch?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you attempted to perform the restore on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest the you run a SFC Scan (System File Check). This command will scan all the protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.
    You can check this
    link
    out for the steps.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Files missing from computer

1. Files missing from computer - Similar Threads - Files missing computer

2. Files missing from storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files missing from storage: Hi,I realized when I was trying to share a document that all my files were missing from my storage.On 02/28/22, I went to find a document from Sept 2021 and I realized all my files dating back to 2019 were missing. I noticed in my Documents, most of the folders organizing my...
  3. Files are missing from my computer that are all stored on Onedrive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files are missing from my computer that are all stored on Onedrive.: This really blows. I can see the files that are missing from my PC on Onedrive, but I don't know how to get them back on my computer. They're both signed into the same accounts. This is Windows 10 and everything has just been updated....
  4. Files are missing from my computer that are all stored on Onedrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files are missing from my computer that are all stored on Onedrive.: This really blows. I can see the files that are missing from my PC on Onedrive, but I don't know how to get them back on my computer. They're both signed into the same accounts. This is Windows 10 and everything has just been updated....
  5. Files are missing from my computer that are all stored on Onedrive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. qt5core.dll missing from computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    qt5core.dll missing from computer: Every time I start up my computer I get 2 dialog boxes that states "qt5core.dll" is missing from my file, but I'm haveing trouble on it location to repair this problem!...
  7. Winload.efi file missing from computer, need help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Winload.efi file missing from computer, need help.: I just recently, successfully as far as I can tell, downloaded a new bios version for my MSI B350 Tomahawk. Immediately after updating and rebooting I get an error, winload.efi file missing or corrupted. I've looked online and tried pretty much every fix I can see. I have a...
  8. Game is missing from computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Game is missing from computer: Hey. my dearest game is gone what to do ????? Hey. my dearest game is gone what to do ????? ***Modified title from: my payed game !!!!!*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-is-missing-from-computer/c63c619e-f87d-48f0-b86c-69d413b86e84"
  9. computer folder/tab missing from file explorer/network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer folder/tab missing from file explorer/network: After I recently changed router settings, I could not see any of the computers on my local network and now I cannot see the computer folder in file explorer/network. I cannot even see my own computer. My computer can be accessed by another computer on the network. How do I...
  10. Windows7 missing from computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows7 missing from computer: *chuckle So I installed windows 10 on a second hard drive in my HP computer, Big Deal. So when I open the computer to see the disks, it shows win 10 Partition with the reserved Partition also, however for the windows 7 disk it only shows the reserved Partition, the...