Windows 10: Files missing from my desktop

Discus and support Files missing from my desktop in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, When I try to upload pictures from my desktop to Facebook page files do not appear. If I go into my desktop outside of FB the files are there!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ali Bird Freeman, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Files missing from my desktop

Hello,

When I try to upload pictures from my desktop to Facebook page files do not appear. If I go into my desktop outside of FB the files are there! Why won't they show up when I am trying to upload from FB page?

:)

Ali Bird Freeman, Apr 1, 2021

2. Windows 10 missing desktop files

Hi Adriane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

• Did you do a clean installation of Windows or upgrade to Windows 10?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if you can find your desktop files.

• Open This PC.
    • Double click on C: drive.
    • Open Users > double click on your user name.
    • Open Desktop and check if you can find missing files.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 1, 2021
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Apr 1, 2021
  4. sturpe Win User

Files missing from my desktop

Cannot find Desktop Icon in File Explorer

Now that is interesting. If I do what you suggest, File Explorer Address bar changes to C:\Users\username\documents and the missing ICONS are there. But there is still not a "Desktop" folder.

Is this a step in the right direction?

sturpe, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Files missing from my desktop

1. Files missing from my desktop - Similar Threads - Files missing desktop

2. Desktop Icons Missing From Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons Missing From Desktop Folder: I was just starting to back up my C-drive important files in Windows 10 when I realized that there are several desktop folders, including a OneDrive folder, and all of them are missing several desktop icons. I have read read different threads on this subject and tried a...
  3. DESKTOP FILE MISSING OR MAYBE DELETED FROM RECYCLE BIN

DESKTOP FILE MISSING OR MAYBE DELETED FROM RECYCLE BIN: I had a file on Desktop and now its missing. I am not sure if it was in the Recycle Bin cause i cleared it recently. Can i recover it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-file-missing-or-maybe-deleted-from-recycle/f07bd354-eec8-4f8f-a0c4-983be5f095d6
  4. Missing files from my onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing files from my onedrive: I attempted to move files from my unsynced onedrive, I used copy cut and paste to try to move it fully outside of the onedrive but somehow it ended up wiping every file from the universe. I've tried to see if I could restore to a previous version of both onedrive and the file...
  5. Desktop files are missing

Desktop files are missing: I have an asus laptop that runs on windows 10, i turned on my laptop today and all my desktop files are gone. Granted I have dropbox and they were saved there. But why are they all missing from my desktop?...
  6. My desktop files went missing

My desktop files went missing: Okay. So I logged in today and my desktop was like a brand new desktop. All the wallpapers were gone. And same goes with my folders. I lost some files. Then I went here and saw this help link....
  7. Files gone missing from Desktop???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Files gone missing from Desktop???: I have a folder structure sitting in my desktop directory that contains about 40 sub directories, one for each of my past clients. Within each of these sub-directories there are other sub-directories. A few days ago I went into one of these sub-directories and found that...
  8. Removing a file from my desktop

Removing a file from my desktop: a file has shown up on my desktop and it cannot be removed. file:///C:/Users/artte/OneDrive/Desktop/BETTEM~1.PDF Have no idea how it got there and unable to remove it. Any help appreciated...
  9. All the files from desktop are missing after recent upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All the files from desktop are missing after recent upgrade: My computer just upgraded on 10/9/2018 to the latest version of Windows 10 and now all the files, folders and shortcuts on my desktop are missing....
  10. Desktop files missing.... But they're not?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop files missing.... But they're not?: [IMG] I press OK, and then attempt to sign up in the same account, again - this time the error doesn't appear again, oddly, but it's replaced by this - https://youtu.be/xlT4YkhfUjs No desktop icons except the Recycle Bin, the fonts are odd and the mouse cursor is that of...