Windows 10: Files Missing from the location

Discus and support Files Missing from the location in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ive recently had a number of .cpr (cubase project files) dissapear off my pc. Its a new pc, windows 10. Ive opened the files on this pc before but they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KadenGreen, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Files Missing from the location

Ive recently had a number of .cpr (cubase project files) dissapear off my pc. Its a new pc, windows 10. Ive opened the files on this pc before but they are just dissapearing. How do i get them back? All my audio files are still here but the project files are vanishing and the .bak files are at super early stages of the project. Please help as these songs were due for release in a week. Thanks in advance

***Modified title from: Files dissapearing***

:)

KadenGreen, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Open file location is missing in pinned apps

No, that's not the sort of 'file location' the OP is referring to. Your 'file location' opens File Explorer at the location of the shortcut for that app in the Start Menu's Programs folder. The OP wants the list of recently opened files, or the Jump List as it is known (hover over each one and it shows its file location). Theirs is turned off (and yours by the looks of it).

Files Missing from the location [​IMG]

3. mystvearn Win User
    Open file location is missing in pinned apps

Yes. This is the one. Weirdly it now shows all the recent files after update. Maybe that has something to do with it. I did not do anything at all.

Thank you again. I guess the problem is solved.

mystvearn, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Files Missing from the location

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Files Missing from the location

1. Files Missing from the location - Similar Threads - Files Missing location

2. Changing a file location from a shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing a file location from a shortcut: Hi There Folks!I have a lot of photos downloaded to my PC Windows 10 from my iCloud account, I'm trying to move some of them into a separate folder and I'm having issues changing the file locations. The photos/videos in question are in their separate folder, but they're...
  3. Changing a file location from a shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing a file location from a shortcut: Hi There Folks!I have a lot of photos downloaded to my PC Windows 10 from my iCloud account, I'm trying to move some of them into a separate folder and I'm having issues changing the file locations. The photos/videos in question are in their separate folder, but they're...
  4. Changing a file location from a shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Locations missing

File Explorer Locations missing: I have a small network of computers some are VMs on a wholly private LAN.Some of these PCs when you open file explorer in the network section show some of the other PCs.Some of them do not. I want to be able to open the shared folders from any of these PCs.Why do they all not...
  6. File Explorer Locations missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Locations missing: I have a small network of computers some are VMs on a wholly private LAN.Some of these PCs when you open file explorer in the network section show some of the other PCs.Some of them do not. I want to be able to open the shared folders from any of these PCs.Why do they all not...
  7. File Explorer Locations missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Lost screenshots; location tab missing from properties

Lost screenshots; location tab missing from properties: Hi community! I am so distressed and hope someone here can help. I am working a job where I need to take a ton of screenshots daily literally hundreds so in order to keep things organized I stupidly thought it would be easier to change where screenshots were stored. My plan...
  9. Open file location missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open file location missing: Right click open file location missing from pop up menu. Corona, or whatever it's called is disabled or removed from day 1, not sure if that has something to do with it. Doesn't show the trail on lefthand tree either. Have to open the file, click save as and hope it shows...
  10. Open file location is missing in pinned apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file location is missing in pinned apps: Hi, In windows 7, when I pin word for example, I can view the recent files and pinned files. When I right-click the file in Windows 10 Enterprise 64-bit, I could not find it for windows 10. I downloaded the registry file from this forum link but does not solve the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. app installer shows 16kb