Windows 10: Files missing in confusion between "onedrive app" and "onedrive-personal in finder"....how...

Discus and support Files missing in confusion between "onedrive app" and "onedrive-personal in finder"....how... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After Mac upgrade few months back, onedrive app was not working. Another version of onedrive was installed and it used to show as onedrive-personal in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DamodarE, Dec 4, 2023.

1. DamodarE Win User

Files missing in confusion between "onedrive app" and "onedrive-personal in finder"....how...

After Mac upgrade few months back, onedrive app was not working. Another version of onedrive was installed and it used to show as onedrive-personal in finder. All files were being stored in this finder folder. After last week upgrade, finder one-drive disappeared and earlier onedrive app has started working. Problem is that the files stored in finder onedrive-personal are not to be found in onedrive app. where do i look for my files saved over the past months and how to retrieve them?

:)

DamodarE, Dec 4, 2023

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Dec 4, 2023
  4. Freezer Win User

Files missing in confusion between "onedrive app" and "onedrive-personal in finder"....how...

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

1. Files missing in confusion between "onedrive app" and "onedrive-personal in finder"....how... - Similar Threads - Files missing confusion

2. Files missing in confusion between "onedrive app" and "onedrive-personal in finder"....how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing in confusion between "onedrive app" and "onedrive-personal in finder"....how...: After Mac upgrade few months back, onedrive app was not working. Another version of onedrive was installed and it used to show as onedrive-personal in finder. All files were being stored in this finder folder. After last week upgrade, finder one-drive disappeared and earlier...
  3. confused about onedrive files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    confused about onedrive files: Hello,I am just confused about OneDrive files. I don't understand if they are also on my pc or not. I am including the storage screen shot and see if anyone can figure it out. To me it looks like they are taking space on the pc. Am I wrong? and if that is so what could I...
  4. confused about onedrive files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    confused about onedrive files: Hello,I am just confused about OneDrive files. I don't understand if they are also on my pc or not. I am including the storage screen shot and see if anyone can figure it out. To me it looks like they are taking space on the pc. Am I wrong? and if that is so what could I...
  5. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing: HiHoping someone can help. I have various folders and files that are on my PC but not on the cloud. Some are there, but majority missing.How do I ensure that all files and folders from machine are uploaded to the cloud for Personal Vault?ThanksPS - looks like the last time...
  6. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing: HiHoping someone can help. I have various folders and files that are on my PC but not on the cloud. Some are there, but majority missing.How do I ensure that all files and folders from machine are uploaded to the cloud for Personal Vault?ThanksPS - looks like the last time...
  7. OneDrive - Personal Vault Files and folders missing

8. OneDrive file structure confusion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive file structure confusion: Hello,I reset my computer and I deleted all the files from OneDrive folder and uninstalled oneDrive from Control Panel. Now the problem is I do not have Desktop and other folders. So from my understanding, My PC was using OneDrive's 'Desktop' folder. But I do not want to use...
  9. OneDrive file structure confusion

OneDrive file structure confusion: Hello,I reset my computer and I deleted all the files from OneDrive folder and uninstalled oneDrive from Control Panel. Now the problem is I do not have Desktop and other folders. So from my understanding, My PC was using OneDrive's 'Desktop' folder. But I do not want to use...
  10. Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer: Missing OneDrive Personal Vault in File Explorer. Exists in OneDrive Online. - - - Updated - - - Problem solved. I reset OneDrive. 162370