Files missing in Quick Access

Discus and support Files missing in Quick Access in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Why are ordinary doc and xls files which I open, update and save not showing in my list of Recent Files in Quick Access? The File Explorer is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony Vella, Jun 14, 2018 at 1:23 AM.

1. Tony Vella Win User

Why are ordinary doc and xls files which I open, update and save not showing in my list of Recent Files in Quick Access? The File Explorer is set to Quick Access. Thanks in advance.

:)

2. Mohammed AliAli Win User

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:40 AM
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

4. Marivel Man Win User

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Thema:

Files missing in Quick Access - Similar Threads - Files missing Quick

1. MKV file data is missing in V.1803 (playback not affected)

in Windows 10 Support
    MKV file data is missing in V.1803 (playback not affected): Version 1803 doesn't show some file details for files with the MKV extension. Version 1709 did not have this problem. Using codec h.264, if I use the MP4 container, I get all file details. But if I use MKV, some details are missing, including frame width, frame height, frame...
  2. Missing files after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing files after 1803 update: Hello! My pc has updated to 1803, I used to use Homegroup to stream my videos etc to my Sharp tv. I have gone through the new networking procedures, now when I try to access the videos from my tv, I see the directories, but not the files. Does anyone know how the files etc....
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer folder's properties sec & other tabs missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 File Explorer folder's properties sec & other tabs missing: I've had this problem before with an external sata drive I connect to either with sata or USB where I'm not able to access certain files and folders because of file and folder permissions. I'm currently connected to this sata drive via USB under Windows 10 where I'm not able...
  4. temporary internet files missing

in Windows 10 Support
    temporary internet files missing: how do I get the 'temporary internet files' 'view files' option to display all of the files accessed. 108964
  5. All Files/Folders/Apps missing after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    All Files/Folders/Apps missing after Windows 10 Update: Hello all, So last night, I installed a new Samsung EVO 860 500GB SSD and backed up my pre-update version of Win10 to it. I proceeded to delete some applications on my 128GB SSD where my Win10 OS calls its home to allow for the big 9gb Win10 update (I think it was the Fall...
  6. Macrium OS and partitions are missing from the clone file

in Windows 10 Support
    Macrium OS and partitions are missing from the clone file: I just did my first backup (clone) with Macrium. Below is a screen capture of M7 settings and the clone on my backup drive When I looked on the backup drive, the below image is what I found Where are the partitions with the W10 OS program files etc?? It seems the...
  7. Missing files after switching to new drive for boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing files after switching to new drive for boot: So here is an interesting conundrum I'm curious if anyone can solve. Back at Xmas time I bought a new SSD, installed into my laptop and cloned my hard drive partition to it. I have been booting from the SSD since by manual changing the BOOT priority to boot from the...
Files missing in Quick Access solved