Windows 10: Files missing in Quick Access

Discus and support Files missing in Quick Access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why are ordinary doc and xls files which I open, update and save not showing in my list of Recent Files in Quick Access? The File Explorer is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony Vella, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Files missing in Quick Access

Why are ordinary doc and xls files which I open, update and save not showing in my list of Recent Files in Quick Access? The File Explorer is set to Quick Access. Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Jun 13, 2018

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 14, 2018
  4. Files missing in Quick Access

update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Files missing in Quick Access

1. Files missing in Quick Access - Similar Threads - Files missing Quick

2. Quick Access file explorer option is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access file explorer option is missing: Hello, I am running Windows 11 insider program I know it's still in beta however, I am having issues with the quick access option now there to select I have Home and This PC with two other options I currently have on This PC I tried everything I could find to fix the issue...
  3. Quick Access file explorer option is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access file explorer option is missing: Hello, I am running Windows 11 insider program I know it's still in beta however, I am having issues with the quick access option now there to select I have Home and This PC with two other options I currently have on This PC I tried everything I could find to fix the issue...
  4. Quick Access is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access is missing: My computer recently updated to windows 10 latest October's cumulative update. At first I had the quick access on my side panel. This is now gone. . I can't seem to find at all my quick access and it is making it difficult to move through files. but I can able to pin items to...
  5. Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access Toolbar in file explorer is missing: [ATTACH] Please help me, my quick access toolbar in file explorer is gone.. my view options are still on quick access and i just can seem to find any fix for it.. im thinking of reinstalling windows but i want that to do that as the last option.....
  6. Quick access files missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access files missing: Nothing shows up in Quick access. I have found a lot of youtube videos and suggestions on Reddit, but all of the advice is outdated and/or doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-files-missing/9f8169e5-347b-434e-8f7d-4d11a35a8f40"
  7. Quick access missing in file explorer.

Quick access missing in file explorer.: Cant get quick access to come up and not sure why [ATTACH] any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-missing-in-file-explorer/595eabd2-5403-42e8-b335-cfb9dc75b289"
  8. Quick access missing

Quick access missing: When i open File Explorer there used to be the Quick access bar. What happened to it ? Last cumulative 1803 update Mar 19, Kb4489894. How to get it back ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-missing/3788add8-cbb2-437b-a90f-7c1fbdced9e0"
  9. Quick Access folders missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access folders missing: I don't know what I did while tweaking, but somehow I found that my Quick Access' folders (pinned and recent) have become missing! I can't do a system restore, so can anyone provide the default registry settings for Quick Access? [img] I only know they were there as...
  10. Quick access missing folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access missing folders?: In file explorer I just noticed today that there is no music and videos folder in quick access. Is something wrong or did ms remove them. Henry 67726