Windows 10: Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

Discus and support Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been working on a project recently and the last few days I had no problem accesing all my folders. I have my data on a D: drive HDD separate from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DanielGarcia Martinez1, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

I've been working on a project recently and the last few days I had no problem accesing all my folders. I have my data on a D: drive HDD separate from my C: drive SSD.However when I tried to open a few folders today I got this message: "Location is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted."After hitting Accept on that one

:)

DanielGarcia Martinez1, Jan 4, 2022
  2. idgat Win User

Location Tab Missing from Almost All Folders

I assume your referring to the Location tab in the Properties of user folders .... Documents, Desktop, Downloads, Pictures, etc

If the tab is missing, it would suggest you're not looking at/accessing the actual user system folder, but simply folders that have the same name(s).

Do the folder listing(s) in Windows/File Explorer have the user system icon, or are they just plain common everyday folder icons?

Try restoring the icons to their default location C:\Users\username\

Note : "Restoring" doesn't mean simply copy/move > paste. The registry has to be adjusted accordingly. This forum has steps to do just that ...
    Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10

Looking at this part, and having second thooughts ...

Yo don't "create" user system folders, you have to re-locate them from the original system location (as indicated above).

But if you're referring to everyday-usage user-created personal folders ..... they don't have a Location tab.

idgat, Jan 4, 2022
  3. Nicrite Win User
    Vista Ultimate - 'User' Folder Location

No tried that.

Can copy the entire folder to D; but Windows still points to C as the location. Can change personal folders location to a folder on D;, but this still leaves hidden files etc on C;. Thus meaning there are 2 Users folders. Have managed to change the Public folder location to D;, with some registry tweaks, but this doesnt seem to work for the entire folder.

any more suggestions

Nicrite, Jan 4, 2022
  4. Ryan Pag Win User

Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

Files recently transferred are missing from HDD

Hello,

To help you resolve the issue about missing files from your HDD, please follow the steps below.

• Press Windows Logo + E to open File Explorer.
    • Click View on the top-left aligned to File button.
    • Search and check Hidden items.
    • Access the Hard Disk to check if files are shown.
    Get back to us for the result.

Ryan Pag, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

1. Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD - Similar Threads - Files missing location

2. Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD: I've been working on a project recently and the last few days I had no problem accesing all my folders. I have my data on a D: drive HDD separate from my C: drive SSD.However when I tried to open a few folders today I got this message: "Location is unavailable. If the...
  3. Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD: I've been working on a project recently and the last few days I had no problem accesing all my folders. I have my data on a D: drive HDD separate from my C: drive SSD.However when I tried to open a few folders today I got this message: "Location is unavailable. If the...
  4. Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD: I've been working on a project recently and the last few days I had no problem accesing all my folders. I have my data on a D: drive HDD separate from my C: drive SSD.However when I tried to open a few folders today I got this message:"Location is unavailable. If the location...
  5. Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD: I've been working on a project recently and the last few days I had no problem accesing all my folders. I have my data on a D: drive HDD separate from my C: drive SSD.However when I tried to open a few folders today I got this message:"Location is unavailable. If the location...
  6. Files missing location. Can't access many folders on my HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. 0xC000000F Error and missing files/folders in that HDD

0xC000000F Error and missing files/folders in that HDD: Hi I remember 100% that without any issue I was able to shutdown my windows 10 (19.03) based desktop (Ryzen 5, Asus X370 PRO mother board). After 2 days I turned ON system and got error 0Xc000000f and say that there is issue with startup and use startup disk such as USB...
  8. I can't Access my HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't Access my HDD: I'm pretty new to the whole computer and laptop world as this is my first one so keep that in mind. So first off I'm trying to install a new internal SSD and so I found out that I would need to clone the original SSD. So after I did that I was looking at my files and saw...
  9. Folder locations between ssd and hdd

Folder locations between ssd and hdd: So i have a dillema. I thought i had all my problems figured out with my laptop storage locations between a ssd and hhd when i got it. I took the easy route and went under settings, system, storage, then clicked where new content is saved and changed all of it to drive D. All...
  10. Changed locations of my Program Files folders. Can't undo it.

in Windows 10 Support
    Changed locations of my Program Files folders. Can't undo it.: I recently got my computer, a gaming desktop, but I didn't quite understand how the drives work. So, unknowingly, I installed games and such to my C: Drive. I didn't realize it didn't have as much space as my last computer, only 111 GB, and I didn't realize I had a D: Drive,...