Windows 10: files moved to different file do not show up until a refresh?

Discus and support files moved to different file do not show up until a refresh? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When dragging a file from one location to a second location. The file appears to remain in the old location but is not accessable and does not appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RonaldFletcher1, Mar 30, 2020.

1. files moved to different file do not show up until a refresh?

When dragging a file from one location to a second location. The file appears to remain in the old location but is not accessable and does not appear in the new location until the file is refreshed. If the file is moved from the desktop it requires a restart.

:)

RonaldFletcher1, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Identical File Finder

@Ford
    I don't think that step #3 is even needed. The probabiliy of two MD5 hashes from differing files colliding is what, 2^-128 ?
    Even if your were hashing a million files the odds of a hash collision on differing files is astronomically small.

Kreij, Mar 30, 2020
  3. psyko12 Win User
    Page File

Set minimum and maximum to a constant number as suggested by others, that will help reduce fragmentation on the drive coz of different page file sizing.

psyko12, Mar 30, 2020
  4. hispanico Win User

files moved to different file do not show up until a refresh?

Refresh very very low on desktop or folder when copy or move files

No suggestions, i have 8GB ram but pheraps i must select virtual memory on manual and not automatic ?

Thank
    Hispa

hispanico, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

files moved to different file do not show up until a refresh?

1. files moved to different file do not show up until a refresh? - Similar Threads - files moved different

2. Moves files between 2 external Dirves, but most files do not show up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moves files between 2 external Dirves, but most files do not show up: I have an external 1Tb HDD named Passport, that was almost full, and I decided to move the files on it to a 1Tb stick named USB D::The HDD is older and I did not want to lose these files. Also, a folder appeared on Passport, the one that starts with "avjb....." that I could...
  3. Moves files between 2 external Dirves, but most files do not show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moves files between 2 external Dirves, but most files do not show up: I have an external 1Tb HDD named Passport, that was almost full, and I decided to move the files on it to a 1Tb stick named USB D::The HDD is older and I did not want to lose these files. Also, a folder appeared on Passport, the one that starts with "avjb....." that I could...
  4. Moves files between 2 external Dirves, but most files do not show up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder

Files taking a long time to show up in a different folder: Usually, when I would put a file or something from a folder to the desktop it would show up within a second, but now when moving any file it takes ~30 seconds for the changes to be shown on the desktop and in the folder. Do you know what causes this and how I can fix it or...
  6. Two different sets of files showing up on Onedrive

Two different sets of files showing up on Onedrive: I have a home laptop and home desktop. I just saved a file onto onedrive from my laptop and I cannot see the file on onedrive on my home computer. I have the same problem with a file I recently saved on my desktop onto onedrive not appearing on my laptop version of...
  7. moving files to different folders in photos

moving files to different folders in photos: When organizing photo files, windows denies ability to move or rename, says file is not available, does not exist. the file is still there, but does not display. I have to reboot. The computer stalls on reboot and close. I have to hold the start button down & computer closes....
  8. Why do items sometimes not show up on desktop or explorer until you hit refresh?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why do items sometimes not show up on desktop or explorer until you hit refresh?: That has been an ongoing bug for a while. Say you move a file to the desktop, or a new file is downloaded to your folder. You know its there, but the file icon or list item doesn't show up until you hit F5 to refresh. A restart fixes this, but what the hell is going on...
  9. USB floppy drive doesn't show up until explorer is refreshed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB floppy drive doesn't show up until explorer is refreshed: I have a USB floppy drive that I connected to my Windows 10 laptop, when I was in the "This PC" folder, it would show up when I connected the drive. But today, it doesn't show up on "This PC", until I refresh the "This PC" window. I have not updated my Windows. I don't know...
  10. save file to desktop does not show up until right click refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    save file to desktop does not show up until right click refresh: almost 2 months now with my new computer, I have noticed, especially, when downloading a file with firefox and doing save to desktop, that will complete successfully but the desktop will not show the file. Not until i manually do a right click on the desktop and choose...