Windows 10: Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...

Discus and support Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm hopping someone can help me. When I go to file explorer, nothing shows, not even on the OS c file, is just blank. but when I open a program I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pam707, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Pam707 Win User

Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...

Hi, I'm hopping someone can help me.

When I go to file explorer, nothing shows, not even on the OS c file, is just blank. but when I open a program I can go to the open file option and I can see all my files are still on my computer and not corrumpted just not showing on file explorer. How do I fix this?

Also, if it helps, this computer also has another session which is my dad's but this problem is only on my session. We don't know what's wrong. If it were a virus it would have affected the whole computer.

:)

Pam707, Dec 18, 2020
  2. Ketxxx Win User

opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Dec 18, 2020
  3. jaydeee Win User
    PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to... :)

jaydeee, Dec 18, 2020
  4. Tintai Win User

Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to...

Exe file slow to open

I know it's 1GB. I tested this on Win Explorer and Total Com.
    For example 250MB file is opened in ~5 seconds.

@edit: I turned off the pagefile but it don't work.

Tintai, Dec 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Files no showing when I open file explorer but I can see them and open them when I try to... - Similar Threads - Files showing open

2. When I try to open file explorer, it's blank and I only see the top bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I try to open file explorer, it's blank and I only see the top bar: I've tried everything but nothing works. Sometimes I can't even close files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-to-open-file-explorer-its-blank-and-i/1ddf665c-615d-4b65-80ab-1df2d1231a6c
  3. .jar files keep closing when I open them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jar files keep closing when I open them: I’m trying to edit an executable jar file with java runtime environment, but when I do either through cmd, bat files and opening straight through java it opens for a split second and then closes, and when I open through cmd Java -jar filename.jar it says it’s unable to access...
  4. File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file

File Explorer "not responding" when I try to open an Office file: I am unable to open any Office files from File Explorer. I can open them if I am within the applications itself, but not directly from the explorer. I am able to open non-Office related files such as Adobe PDFs, etc.. When I do try to open an office file it will show "not...
  5. When I try and open folders it opens them in Microsoft edge

When I try and open folders it opens them in Microsoft edge: i try and open my optifine to install but it opens it in edge which means i cant open it can anybody help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-try-and-open-folders-it-opens-them-in/eb2698fa-a922-43b2-841f-8f474f590756
  6. File explorer opens when I try to open CMD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer opens when I try to open CMD: The title is pretty self-explanatory but I'll repeat it. When I type cmd in the windows search bar I get a small window that pops down really quick. After that file explorer opens up. when I press WIN+R and type in CMD it does the same. When I open cmd with powershell I do...
  7. Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them

Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them: I have exactly the same very annoying problem as: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-open-in-new-windows-randomly-when-i-try-to/8d648a35-f36e-4af7-b4f2-b2bb66691839 What I've tried, but it did not help: 0. "folder options" setting set to "Open...
  8. Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them

Folders open in new windows randomly when I try to open them: When I double click on folders to open them in 50% of times folder opens in new window. [ATTACH] I think this is nothing related to my "folder options" setting. [ATTACH] I'm on Windows 10 1809 17763.475...
  9. Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.: I was looking for a forum for OneDrive but don't see one... Sorry; I'm new around here! I had a computer completely die (won't boot, Hard Drive won't spin). I have a backup from April but would like to find newer the files if I can! I had upgraded the old one to...
  10. When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer.: When downloading files from chrome, cant open them with file explorer or ZIP. even if i press open with: i never have the option to choose the file explorer application. can some one help me???? 94999