Windows 10: Files not extracting

Discus and support Files not extracting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Error Code: 0x800040005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-not-extracting/4be6ed7b-556a-4add-824e-84f029ae2d33 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Draku The Arch-Demon, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Files not extracting

Error Code: 0x800040005

:)

Draku The Arch-Demon, Feb 15, 2021
  2. pyramid10 Win User

Extracting Zip Files

Are the step-by-step processes identical? That is, the folder extracted from and the folder extracted to belong to the same hierarchical file system structure. If they are, that suggests mildly the Cumulative Update left an electron or two out of place.

pyramid10, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Extracting Zip Files

Thanks pyramid10 for your contribution, I ensured that the steps taken and the source and destination folders were the same, in the using zip7 as suggested by BunnyJ resolved all issues for me.
    I am the first to admit that I am a long long way from understanding the intricacies of computers and if truth be told I am now to old anyway to absorb much information.
    Cheers.

croydonian, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Files not extracting

how do I change the default program for extracting files

Hi,

You can change the default program that's extracting the files by either changing it from the settings or right-clicking on the zipped file and choose which program will open it. We'd like to know which program are you using yo extract the files.

In the meantime, follow the steps below to change the default program:

• Right-click on the file you want to extract.
    • Choose Open with and select which program you want to use.
    • In other cases, a new menu will appear when choosing Open with. You can choose "Choose Default Program" from there.

Change the default programs from the Settings.

• Go to Settings. Choose Apps then
      Default apps.
    • Select the app or program you want to use as default from the list.

We'll wait for your response.

Anne Ros, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Files not extracting

1. Files not extracting - Similar Threads - Files extracting

2. How do I disable the opening of a new window showing the newly extracted files after I...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I disable the opening of a new window showing the newly extracted files after I...: OK...I have two laptops running Windows 10 Pro. On one of them, when I extract files from zipped/compressed folders, the newly unzipped/uncompressed files do NOT open in a new window. On the other, they DO open in a new window. I do NOT want them to open in a new window....
  3. File explorer crashes while trying to extract large zip file

File explorer crashes while trying to extract large zip file: Hi! I have a .zip file that I want to extract. However, when I try to extract the file, File explorer crashes. However, the file is huge, so that could be the reason. [ATTACH] Here is what it looks like when it crashes [ATTACH] I'm on a 64 bit version of Windows 10, and...
  4. I extracted a winrar file and Desktop won’t load.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I extracted a winrar file and Desktop won’t load.: When i extraced the file on accident it overloaded my desktop. Everything else still works all of the apps open up. I looked at other peoples problems and they said to restore it to a previous save of windows. But the problem is i dont have any previous saves of windows....
  5. Drag&drop-Extract from 7-Zip FM into Windows Explorer folder disables dragging files in...

Drag&drop-Extract from 7-Zip FM into Windows Explorer folder disables dragging files in...: Reproduce I downloaded this latest blender alpha build zip-file https://builder.blender.org/download/ and extracted it's contents to replace update my existing application files of same app on my drive. The zip-file and archived subfolder path taken from 7-Zip File...
  6. How to use Windows 10 Task scheduler to extract zip and move file?

How to use Windows 10 Task scheduler to extract zip and move file?: I'd like to set up an automation or task on my windows machine. It seems like task scheduler could do this. Ideally I'd like it to trigger when I move a .zip file into a folder. Have it unzip the file and move the contents into a folder based on the current date. What's...
  7. Windows 10 Can't Create New Folder And Error When Extracting Files 0x80004005

Windows 10 Can't Create New Folder And Error When Extracting Files 0x80004005: I just realize that currently my desktop can't create new folder and even couldn't extract zip files. I've tried all the methods from the same problem here, and nothing happen. also in that thread the support ask if the user can create other files, in my case is yes, I can...
  8. I can't move nor extract .exe files

I can't move nor extract .exe files: I'm unable to move .exe files from a .zip into other location as they don't get moved. If i do it from the administrator account they get moved without any issue and stay on my other account, i have tried to enable admin privileges on my account but it seems like i did...
  9. Can't boot Windows, help extracting files before resetting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot Windows, help extracting files before resetting?: Windows won't load and I'm likely going to need to do a fresh install. The problem I think is lack of memory since my drive was almost full. Troubleshooting the errors didn't work either because just going to the command prompt in the troubleshooting tab leads to not enough...
  10. Unable to extract zip files in Windows 10

Unable to extract zip files in Windows 10: I have three PC's running Windows 10 Version 20H2 Build 19042-685. None of these PC's will extract a downloaded zip file. I get the error message "Windows cannot open the folder. The compressed folder is invalid" I can extract this file with no problem using my Windows 7...