Windows 10: Files not opening with correct app

Discus and support Files not opening with correct app in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Media Player Classic (MPC-HC) as my default app for opening various video files (MP4, AVI, etc). But it no longer works. When I d-click such a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Terrypin Win User

Files not opening with correct app

I have Media Player Classic (MPC-HC) as my default app for opening various video files (MP4, AVI, etc). But it no longer works. When I d-click such a file type in Windows File Explorer, it always opens with the Films & TV app.

I've reset it in vain several times by using Open With and choosing 'Always Open...'.

If I then use Open With again, the setting is no longer made, i.e. there is no checkmark in 'Always Open with...'.

How do I get the correct d-click program association to stick please?

Terry, UK

:)

Terrypin, Nov 27, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Files not opening with correct app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, Nov 27, 2018
  4. Files not opening with correct app

App to open .c6e0ec and .e8d549184 files

Hi Hitkary,

It seems that there is no default app set to open these kind of files. Can you still recall the type of app or program that opens this kind of file?

For us to isolate this issue, we suggest assigning a default app or program to open it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings and click System.
    • Click Default apps.
    • At the bottom, click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Scroll down and look for the .e8d549184 file.
    • Once found, click the + sign on the right and select the app you want to use.

Once you've successfully set the default app, try opening the file again and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

Files not opening with correct app

1. Files not opening with correct app - Similar Threads - Files opening correct

2. JAR files will not open correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JAR files will not open correctly: so I'm trying to download JAR files for my game and they download just fine but as soon as I open them it brings me to my files and makes me save it,I save the file and I try to open it but it does the same thing again. it just keeps asking me to save the file. I have looked...
  3. JAR files will not open correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JAR files will not open correctly: so I'm trying to download JAR files for my game and they download just fine but as soon as I open them it brings me to my files and makes me save it,I save the file and I try to open it but it does the same thing again. it just keeps asking me to save the file. I have looked...
  4. JAR files will not open correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Files not opening correctly

Files not opening correctly: I accidentally set my .txt files to open with notepad, now I can't get it to change. I've tried resetting my default app's, when i click Open With -> It only shows Notepad, Word, Paint, and some others, and I don't know how to reset it to the default....
  6. URL file not opening correctly

in Browsers and Email
    URL file not opening correctly: Could someone tell me how to get a .url file to open correctly with a shortcut to chrome.exe instead of just chrome.exe? When I ask for the URL to open (app chosen is shortcut to chrome) I get this in the pic attached. [img] I need it to open from the shortcut because I...
  7. URL file not opening correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    URL file not opening correctly: Could someone tell me how to get a .url file to open correctly with a shortcut to chrome.exe instead of just chrome.exe? When I ask for the URL to open (app chosen is shortcut to chrome) I get this in the pic attached. [img] I need it to open from the shortcut because I...
  8. Files, folders This PC not opening correctly

Files, folders This PC not opening correctly: Hi, Currently have a Lenovo ideapad 330s running windows 10. Unfortunately having problems over the last few days with Items on the task bar such as 'This PC' and also with 'files and folders' on the desktop which when clicked on start to open and then close down immediately,...
  9. Files not opening with correct app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files not opening with correct app: I have Media Player Classic (MPC-HC) as my default app for opening various video files (MP4, AVI, etc). But it no longer works. When I d-click such a file type in Windows File Explorer, it always opens with the Films & TV app. I've reset it in vain several times by using...
  10. Open eml files correctly

in Browsers and Email
    Open eml files correctly: What’s the best method or software (or app) to open them even when they have attachments? 94273