Files not showing in Quick Access

Discus and support Files not showing in Quick Access in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Why are ordinary doc and xls files which I open, update and save not showing in my list of Recent Files in Quick Access? The File Explorer is set to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tony Vella, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Tony Vella Win User

Why are ordinary doc and xls files which I open, update and save not showing in my list of Recent Files in Quick Access? The File Explorer is set to Quick Access. Thanks in advance.

:)

Tony Vella, Jun 13, 2018
  2. Mohammed AliAli Win User

Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 14, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 14, 2018
  4. PeterM_PRM Win User

Quick Access

The reply isn't helpful unfortunately.

The question/posting wasn't about deleting files or permanently deleting files.

But about the display of recent files in Quick Access view, which is shown when opening File Explorer => Windows 10.

Quick Access shows a list of (supposedly) recent files that have been opened. It doesn't automatically update when other files are opened.

My question was about listings in Quick Access that showed files as having been moved or renamed when in fact they had been deleted (I would suggest the Recycle Bin).

So to my partner the Quick Access listing was stating I had (attempted to) move/rename the files (and therefore hide them from her) whereas I had actually deleted them.

I would appreciate someone verifying this is plausible with the way file listings are listed in Windows 10/Quick Access.

PeterM_PRM, Jun 14, 2018
Thema:

Files not showing in Quick Access - Similar Threads - Files showing Quick

1. Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer: Installed a new modem/router combo, now none of the local network computers show up under Network in Files Explorer. I have a Pro tablet, a laptop, and 2 desktops on the home network. I am "guessing" it has to do with some modem setting, not a clue where to start looking....
  2. Increase the number of "Recent files" show in quick access

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase the number of "Recent files" show in quick access: Hi, in the "Quick access" window it currently shows the 20 most recently opened files. I would like to increase that number to something around 40 or 50. I'm guessing I'll have to do this through the registry, but I don't know where. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Disable windows showing .rar files in explorer as a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable windows showing .rar files in explorer as a folder: TNX all for yr help. I solved the problem *Biggrin. There is no File association for Winrar If you look closely at the ".rar" files in my image above, they are not .rar files but .zip files associated with Winrar. That's why their icon is Winrar's. It was enough to...
  4. Quick Access - 'Show recently used files' setting disables itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access - 'Show recently used files' setting disables itself: Hi, I've got a pretty simple bug, I'm hoping it's been had before and there's a solution out there somewhere as Google got nothing. I noticed that none of my programs were getting the 'Recent files' jump list and went hunting for an applicable setting, so most important...
  5. AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does

in Windows 10 Support
    AIFF music files not showing details in File Explorer but MP3 does: Hello. I have Windows 10 Version 1709 (build 16299.248) and I recently learned that MP3 is a lossy format so I started re-encoding in AIFF but I noticed that in the music folder it only shows the track name. It's indirectly sorted by track order by putting a two digit number...
  6. Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show User Profile Personal Folders in Windows 10 File Explorer: The link for 64-bit_Hide_Downloads_folder.reg is incorrect. It downloads the wrong reg file. 108032
  7. File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Quick Access Does Not Show Recent Files: For some strange reasons, File Explorer no longer shows the Recent files. Is there any way to fix this?*Rolleyes 58261