Windows 10: Files not showing the amount of GB being used

Discus and support Files not showing the amount of GB being used in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer is full on space, and it shows most of my GB is being used by applications. When I go to my applications and sort all by size, it shows one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TayebMajeedzai, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Files not showing the amount of GB being used

My computer is full on space, and it shows most of my GB is being used by applications. When I go to my applications and sort all by size, it shows one application taking 18 GB and another taking 2 GB. The rest take less than 1 GB yet it says my applications used 148 GB on my laptop. How can I see the real size of my applications or anything else taking up a lot of space to free some up?

:)

TayebMajeedzai, Jul 28, 2021

2. steam games won't show up in program files(x86)

Hi,

We suggest that you check if the folder is hidden by following these steps:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type folder, and then select
      Show hidden files and folders from the search results.
    • Under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives, and then select
      OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Jul 28, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Files not showing the amount of GB being used

1.63 gb in empty photos app

Hi James,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

• Is there any hidden files and folders in photo app?
    This issue could be caused due to a corrupted system file. I would suggest you try these steps and check:

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Files not showing the amount of GB being used

1. Files not showing the amount of GB being used - Similar Threads - Files showing amount

2. Storage shows 850 GB being used, but it's not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage shows 850 GB being used, but it's not: So my disc space has been in the red for a long time and I finally got around to cleaning out my files to clear some space. I have 928 GB total, and 848 being used. I only got this computer less than a year ago, and mainly use it for gaming. When I looked at my storage, it...
  3. Storage shows 850 GB being used, but it's not

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage shows 850 GB being used, but it's not: So my disc space has been in the red for a long time and I finally got around to cleaning out my files to clear some space. I have 928 GB total, and 848 being used. I only got this computer less than a year ago, and mainly use it for gaming. When I looked at my storage, it...
  4. 80% of my 16 gb RAM is being used up but the amount of memory being used is around 4-5gb on...

80% of my 16 gb RAM is being used up but the amount of memory being used is around 4-5gb on...: I was playing minecraft today and i wanted to open google but google kept on crashing because of insufficient ram, i have 16 gb of ram but when i looked at task manager minecraft was using up only 3.5gb and everything else was around 1 or 1.5gb. sometimes when i try to open...
  5. 80% of my 16 gb RAM is being used up but the amount of memory being used is around 4-5gb on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    80% of my 16 gb RAM is being used up but the amount of memory being used is around 4-5gb on...: I was playing minecraft today and i wanted to open google but google kept on crashing because of insufficient ram, i have 16 gb of ram but when i looked at task manager minecraft was using up only 3.5gb and everything else was around 1 or 1.5gb. sometimes when i try to open...
  6. Large amount of ram being used nothing

Large amount of ram being used nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  7. Large amount of ram being used nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Large amount of ram being used nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  8. Large amount of ram being used my nothing

Large amount of ram being used my nothing: Ok so i feel like this question has been answered a billion times, but no matter what forum or video I look i can't find the answer for me. Even when I am not running any games or anything, the amount of ram that is being used seems to be way more than all of the processes...
  9. Weird amount of RAM being used

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird amount of RAM being used: Hey everyone, So i recently bought more RAM for my work pc. Just did a small upgrade from 4GB to 8GB. I've been using it for like a week now, and every single day i notice that Task Manager shows im using like 50% RAM, but i dont. In these screenshots you can see that Opera...
  10. random 49 gb of space being used!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    random 49 gb of space being used!: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Help!! I was extracting a rar for something and it said disk write error : out of space. I went to check explorer and it says the full hard drive was used even though the capacity was 149 gb and there was only 100 gb in the disk! Tried defragment,...