Windows 10: Files not showing up with File Explorer

Discus and support Files not showing up with File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Terri Otley, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Files not showing up with File Explorer

I open File Explorer to find a file that I knew had been created at the end of March 2019. I went to the location that I was sure I had saved it to. It did not show up. I opened up a separate File Explorer and searched my entire C drive and there were the file that I was looking for. I looked at the location of the original search which I had not closed and it was the same as what showed up when I searched the C drive, but the file is not listed. I attempted to refresh the original search folder, thinking that it might update since I had found it, but the original still does not show the file. What do I do?

:)

Terri Otley, Apr 29, 2019

2. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Files not showing up with File Explorer [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, Apr 29, 2019
  3. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 29, 2019
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

Files not showing up with File Explorer

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Files not showing up with File Explorer

1. Files not showing up with File Explorer - Similar Threads - Files showing File

2. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  3. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB not showing up in file explorer.: This problem has been going on for a while, a 1 TB usb drive that I own suddenly had a problem where it wouldn't appear on my file explorer and I couldn't open it.Yes I already tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn't work. What do I do?...
  4. USB not showing up in file explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Artwork not showing up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Artwork not showing up on File Explorer: My File Explorer music files do not show the artwork. I've already made sure the "Always show icons , never thumbnails is Unchecked. I tried a couple other things as well, but no luck. Any suggestions, please?...
  6. Artwork not showing up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Artwork not showing up on File Explorer: My File Explorer music files do not show the artwork. I've already made sure the "Always show icons , never thumbnails is Unchecked. I tried a couple other things as well, but no luck. Any suggestions, please?...
  7. Artwork not showing up on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Temp files showing up in file explorer

Temp files showing up in file explorer: Hello , I work as an IT for a Cargo Company . Recently some users have reported an issue of temporary files pinned in the file explorer. I tried deleting the temps but it wont let me. I also ran CCleaner and nothing. Have searched the internet but have found no answer to...
  9. Server showing up in File Explorer

Server showing up in File Explorer: I have a server private cloud attached to my PC. Windows 10 Professional. The server doesn't show up under File Explorer. How do I enable that? The computer is used by three people who access the same server; for both their Microsoft accounts, they can see the files in...
  10. Mysterious files showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious files showing up in file explorer: Running Win 10 anniversary update on new HP all-in-one with a 256GB SSD (C*Smile and a 2TB SATA (D*Smile drive. About three weeks ago I decided to move all of my data files from C: to the D: drive leaving only OS and program files on C:. I did not permanently delete...