Windows 10: Files not shown in Windows Explorer

Discus and support Files not shown in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just upgraded to latest version of Windows 10. Many of my newer files do not show up in Explorer. I know the files are there, because if I open a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cb1234567890, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Files not shown in Windows Explorer

Just upgraded to latest version of Windows 10. Many of my newer files do not show up in Explorer. I know the files are there, because if I open a program, e.g. Adobe Reader, and and click on a recent file, the file opens, even though it is not listed in Explorer.

This affects also my network drives. The same occurs f I access my PC over the network using something like \\mycomputer\...

This is a disaster...

Cemil

:)

cb1234567890, Feb 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Files not shown in Windows Explorer :p

Frick, Feb 22, 2019
  4. geno368 Win User

Files not shown in Windows Explorer

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Files not shown in Windows Explorer

1. Files not shown in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Files shown Explorer

2. Android pixel 6a not shown in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Android pixel 6a not shown in file explorer: Hi, i have a problem when connecting my new pixel 6a phone.there is a noise when i plug the phone in and when i change it to file transfer option on the usb menu of my phone. the cable is definitely data i have tried other cables and have used the cable with other devicesi...
  3. Android pixel 6a not shown in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Android pixel 6a not shown in file explorer: Hi, i have a problem when connecting my new pixel 6a phone.there is a noise when i plug the phone in and when i change it to file transfer option on the usb menu of my phone. the cable is definitely data i have tried other cables and have used the cable with other devicesi...
  4. UserName shown in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    UserName shown in Windows Explorer: Hi Forum Folke, I just set up a new computer for my wife, and somehow absolutely no idea how, underC:\Users, it's showing MY username kharr instead of HER username Sally. I didn't notice this until just about everything from the old PC had been hosed in, installed, and/or...
  5. DVD burner not shown in file explore

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD burner not shown in file explore: Have desktop that was running Ubuntu OS and all devise worked. Decided to change OS to Windows 10 Home which was installed using existing DVD/CD. The drive is an ASUS DWR-241ST that show in bios and disk management but does not show in file explore. Have tried windows...
  6. file explorer opens but it isn't shown to me

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer opens but it isn't shown to me: This problem has affected me of late without any updates. Whenever I open something, set it on chrome and having a folder open minimized it does not appear to me when I click on it at all when before this was not an issue whatsoever. The image below is before I have clicked...
  7. Windows 10 File Explorer - #files shown in folders is inconsistent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer - #files shown in folders is inconsistent: I am using Windows 10 and notice the following things when using file explorer: 1. 1. When I place the cursor over the documents folder, it shows the size as 9.09 GB instead of the 6.63 GB as shown in the properties box when I right click on the documents folder. 2....
  8. What are these badges shown in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are these badges shown in File Explorer?: For lack of a better term, in File Explorer on the lower left of folders and file icons, there are sometimes badges displayed. E.g. A checkmark or double arrow. What is the proper name for these and what do the different ones mean? [img] [img] 99895
  9. External drives shown twice in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drives shown twice in File Explorer: I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Can anyone give me an explanation as to why I have my external hard drives showing twice in File Explorer (see Attachment) [img] I've had this since the first install of Win 10, and it's driving me nuts. 39063
  10. Details shown in explorer windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Details shown in explorer windows: I must be searching for the wrong thing - I can't find a solution to this simple problem. In Windows 10, if I open a folder which has mp3s or WAVs in it, Windows decides I want to see things like "title", "contributing artists", "album" etc... It drives me mental. All I...