Windows 10: Files not Visible in Downloads Folder

Discus and support Files not Visible in Downloads Folder in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Windows 11 I have not been able to see any files in my Downloads folder through an explorer window, both through the 'Downloads'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mattsmithuk, Nov 27, 2021.

1. Files not Visible in Downloads Folder

Since upgrading to Windows 11 I have not been able to see any files in my Downloads folder through an explorer window, both through the 'Downloads' shortcut and through C:\Users\username\Downloads. The Downloads 'shortcut' points to the correct folder, and the same issue is with all the user accounts on the computer I can see all the files with the Terminal and they behave as normal there. I can also open sub-folders within the Downloads folder in explorer using their path, or via the Terminal. They can be moved to another folder, and can be seen in Explorer there.The inability to see files i

:)

mattsmithuk, Nov 27, 2021

2. Downloaded files disappear

When you download a file through any browser, there's an option somewhere to 'Open Containing Folder.'

In Windows, to find a file you have downloaded...

1. Open your personal folder by clicking the Start button and then clicking your user name at the top of the Start menu's right pane.
    2. Double-click one of the following folders:
      • Downloads
      • Documents
      • Pictures
      • Videos
      • Music

If you do not see the file you are looking for, but know its file name, you can search for it by following these steps:
    To search for a file you have downloaded...

1. Click the Start button
    2. Type all or part of the file name into the Search box.
      The file you are looking for will appear in the list of results.

teachermark, Nov 27, 2021
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 27, 2021
  4. Files not Visible in Downloads Folder

All files/folders not visible

Hi,

I am using Windows 10 Pro with latest update. I am using an external drive of 2TB with three partitions there. One partition has one folder where I keep all my DSLR photos. I have approx 20,630 files and few folders inside but when going inside this folder,
    it shows me only 20486 files and no folders in list. No hidden files/folders. Yet, I can access those files/folders which are not visible in list. If I create any file/folder here, it allows me to create but not visible. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Files not Visible in Downloads Folder 2e2d14e1-f82c-442c-8455-7cec4b356315?upload=true.jpg

Files not Visible in Downloads Folder 6a93134a-f88a-4fe5-a03f-849a7e10dc9f?upload=true.jpg

Smith_Mitra, Nov 27, 2021
Thema:

Files not Visible in Downloads Folder

1. Files not Visible in Downloads Folder - Similar Threads - Files Visible Downloads

2. Files downloaded from telegram is not visible in file manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files downloaded from telegram is not visible in file manager: Earlier there is a folder shown as telegram desktop which stores all downloaded media from telegram, but now the folder is not shown also the downloaded media...
  3. Files downloaded from telegram is not visible in file manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files downloaded from telegram is not visible in file manager: Earlier there is a folder shown as telegram desktop which stores all downloaded media from telegram, but now the folder is not shown also the downloaded media...
  4. New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.: Hello, I'm running a Windows 10 box, recently when I opened a folder to review some files that should have been contained within, I found that they were not visible. At first, I thought the files were not created, but when another user opened up the same folder they were able...
  5. New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.: Hello, I'm running a Windows 10 box, recently when I opened a folder to review some files that should have been contained within, I found that they were not visible. At first, I thought the files were not created, but when another user opened up the same folder they were able...
  6. New files in folder are not visible, they are NOT hidden.

7. Files not Visible in Downloads Folder

Files not Visible in Downloads Folder: Since upgrading to Windows 11 I have not been able to see any files in my Downloads folder through an explorer window, both through the 'Downloads' shortcut and through C:\Users\username\Downloads. The Downloads 'shortcut' points to the correct folder, and the same issue is...
  8. Folder is not visible or accessible

Folder is not visible or accessible: There's a folder called Recovery in my D: drive and I can't access or see it, even when I choose to show hidden folders. The reason I know it exists is because I get an error message from Google Drive saying D:\Recovery can't be synced. [ATTACH] When I try accessing the...
  9. Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible

Shared Folders visible, Shared Files not visible: Running Windows 10 Pro, 2004 on the host machine I have a problem with shared files not showing on any remote devices. Shared folders and subfolders are visible, but the files within the folders cannot be seen on other Win 10 machines, with Android and other devices...
  10. All files/folders not visible

All files/folders not visible: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Pro with latest update. I am using an external drive of 2TB with three partitions there. One partition has one folder where I keep all my DSLR photos. I have approx 20,630 files and few folders inside but when going inside this folder, it shows me...