Windows 10: Files not visible

Discus and support Files not visible in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All THE files and folders are missing from desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NarendraSharma4, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Files not visible

All THE files and folders are missing from desktop

:)

NarendraSharma4, Sep 6, 2020

2. No Icons visible in task bar, Win 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with icons in the Task bar after November update, do let us know the following:

• Is this issue confined only with icons in the Task bar?
    • What happens when you try to click on those icons?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "they are there but not visible"?

Method 1: If you are referring to showing up of different icons in Task in System tray, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the Keyboard, type
      Turn system icons On or Off
      and select it.
    • Try to turn on the icons that are visible.

Method 2:

Step 1: If not, I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode and check if the icons are visible to access.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: This issue might have occurred due to corrupted or missing system files after the update. I suggest you to place the computer in normal mode and try to perform SFC scan.

Steps: Place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter
    • In the System Configuration
      window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Perform SFC scan, System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2020
  3. cobrasl Win User
    External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

Files not visible [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

Files not visible [​IMG]

cobrasl, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Files not visible

I occasionally have a file that is visible in File Explorer but does not appear on the desktop. How can I fix this?

I understand, update us as soon as you performed the suggested troubleshooting. After doing so and still the issue
    persists, kindly perform a SFC and DISM. It is possible that there is a system file corruption causing the file to disappear. To run SFC and DISM, follow these steps:

Run SFC Scan: 

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps
    (Kindly perform it again for 3 times after DISM):

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Run DISM Tool: 

To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

If possible, kindly provide us the return message so that we can investigate it further.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Files not visible

1. Files not visible - Similar Threads - Files visible

2. How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...: Also if this is not possible could someone recommend something similar to the default windows microsft Photos App that can accomplish these to objectives?As you can see from this image the external device i selected is my Apple Iphone but I am not able to filter out IMG files...
  3. How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...: As you can see from this image the external device i selected is my Apple Iphone but I am not able to filter out IMG files so that way only Video files are visible which would make it a lot easier to find the video files i want to import from my phone to my computeris there a...
  4. How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to filter out photos and only have video files visible on apple iphone on defalt Photos...: As you can see from this image the external device i selected is my Apple Iphone but I am not able to filter out IMG files so that way only Video files are visible which would make it a lot easier to find the video files i want to import from my phone to my computeris there a...
  5. How can the "Attach Files" and all similar windows be edited to open with "Home" visible...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can the "Attach Files" and all similar windows be edited to open with "Home" visible...: I was able to set this view in File Explorer, but cannot in other such windows. By default, it opens with Gallery shown, but I want to open it with Home visible without having to scroll up each time....
  6. How can the "Attach Files" and all similar windows be edited to open with "Home" visible...

How can the "Attach Files" and all similar windows be edited to open with "Home" visible...: I was able to set this view in File Explorer, but cannot in other such windows. By default, it opens with Gallery shown, but I want to open it with Home visible without having to scroll up each time....
  7. Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible: I've been using Robocopy for years to backup folders. All of a sudden, my backup folders and files are no longer visible or accessible. I've tried removing system and hidden file attributes which I never had to do before but that didn't help. I've also tried all the...
  8. Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible

Robocopy Backup Files are no longer visible or accessible: I've been using Robocopy for years to backup folders. All of a sudden, my backup folders and files are no longer visible or accessible. I've tried removing system and hidden file attributes which I never had to do before but that didn't help. I've also tried all the...
  9. [SECURITY] File names and file thumbnails from locked BitLocker drive visible in Recent section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SECURITY] File names and file thumbnails from locked BitLocker drive visible in Recent section: This issue was previously mentioned in this thread, however the provided response was not an answer to the question being asked.There is a clear security issue regarding BitLocker drives. After locking the drive via: manage-bde -lock -ForceDismount x:the file names and...
  10. [SECURITY] File names and file thumbnails from locked BitLocker drive visible in Recent section

[SECURITY] File names and file thumbnails from locked BitLocker drive visible in Recent section: This issue was previously mentioned in this thread, however the provided response was not an answer to the question being asked.There is a clear security issue regarding BitLocker drives. After locking the drive via: manage-bde -lock -ForceDismount x:the file names and...