Windows 10: Files on a RDS desktop

Discus and support Files on a RDS desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have several users that are complains that mysterious shortcuts/files are being saved to their desktop when they didn't place them there. This is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anthony Elmore1, Oct 24, 2022.

1. Files on a RDS desktop

I have several users that are complains that mysterious shortcuts/files are being saved to their desktop when they didn't place them there. This is a MS Windows Server 2016 RDS server farm. The shortcuts follow them to any one of the the six session hosts that make up the farm. I delete the unwanted files but they keep coming back. The users are using UPD with folder redirectionDesktop, Document, Roaming user profile data, and User registry data. The UPD are pointing to a separate server. Looking for answers on how to prevent users from saving personal shortcuts/files to "all users" desktop

:)

Anthony Elmore1, Oct 24, 2022
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Oct 24, 2022
  3. nkaufman Win User
    RD Gateway Server - how to remove permanently

Hello,
    At my previous job, I was asked to take certain steps (don't remember now what they were) but it was to set up RDP to use a Gateway server.

Now that I've changed jobs, I still see the old IP and Gateway server information. I went to registry and deleted the entries from Terminal client and servers.

However, I still see a server name listed under RDP-Advanced-Settings-Use these RD Gateway Server settings.
    I have opted for - Do not use RD Gateway server but was wondering how to remove the old server name entry completely.

Thanks

nkaufman, Oct 24, 2022
  4. TsangKH Win User

Files on a RDS desktop

RDS CAL requirement of Remote Desktop without RDS installed

Is RDS CAL required for Windows 10 Server and Windows Server 2016 remote desktop without RDS installed?

It basically means that just switch on remote desktop in system settings without turning on RDS role and use for non-administrative purposes.

Examples including a personal user wanting to run MATLAB on cloud.

TsangKH, Oct 24, 2022
Thema:

Files on a RDS desktop

1. Files on a RDS desktop - Similar Threads - Files RDS desktop

2. RDS Licensing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS Licensing: We have an environment with 20+ Remote Desktop Services host servers and one RDS licensing server installed. If we want to provide remote desktop access to 1000 users, should we procure the required CAL licenses using a per user or per device licensing model?...
  3. Remote Desktop Rds

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Remote Desktop Rds: Hello Friends of the guild, I have a question regarding installing an RDs Remote desktop license in the License manager an Expiration date appears. My question is the following when the grace period expires does the Remote desktop stop working? even having the Cal Rds...
  4. Remote Desktop Rds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Rds: Hello Friends of the guild, I have a question regarding installing an RDs Remote desktop license in the License manager an Expiration date appears. My question is the following when the grace period expires does the Remote desktop stop working? even having the Cal Rds...
  5. Remote Desktop Rds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Files on a RDS desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files on a RDS desktop: I have several users that are complains that mysterious shortcuts/files are being saved to their desktop when they didn't place them there. This is a MS Windows Server 2016 RDS server farm. The shortcuts follow them to any one of the the six session hosts that make up the...
  7. Files on a RDS desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files on a RDS desktop: I have several users that are complains that mysterious shortcuts/files are being saved to their desktop when they didn't place them there. This is a MS Windows Server 2016 RDS server farm. The shortcuts follow them to any one of the the six session hosts that make up the...
  8. RDS scaling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RDS scaling: Hi, We've recently just migrated to RDS2019 and some users are having difficulties with their resolutions in RDS. The RDP file has been downloaded from the RDWeb portal and they are unable to adjust the resolution in mstsc. Is there a way to adjust resolution/scaling?...
  9. RDS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDS: How do I disconnect an RDS client (on Android tablet)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/rds/55f46b54-6729-49d3-8e6a-c2a913d55aa3
  10. RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDS Server User Desktop Icon Display issues: Hello Guys I already opened a thread on TechNet but wanted to open one here too to get help asap. Link from TechNet: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/6fc86786-2b72-4f31-9190-e30fbcc7ce0c/rds-server-user-desktop-icon-display-issues?forum=winserverTS...